Da Terra - Mouzinho da Silveira

966-620076

R de Mouzinho da Silveira 249, Porto, Portugal

A 100% vegetarian restaurant with buffet service is part of a franchise chain. Beverages and dessert are additional to the buffet cost. Second location in Porto. Opened August 2015. If vegan dishes are not labeled, they will identify them for you. Open Mon-Sun 12:00pm-3:30pm, Mon-Sun 7:30pm-12:00am.

Category: Vegan-friendly, International, Buffet

First Review by Viktoriya

Modern Buffet - Edit

Modern and smart restaurant. I wasn't expecting to be so impressed. The Buffet is not very extensive but more than sufficient. The soup is the best I've had in Porto and the Brussell sprouts and vegan creme fraise were rather special. Plus the opening hours are great compared to other vege places in Porto. I would be so happy to have a franchise like this where I live.

Updated from previous review on 2017-04-12

Pros: great for vegans, modern, good value

Earth that you walk upon - Edit

I was instantly impressed with this place which I wasn't expecting as I had visions of a simple but functional typical Potuguese vegetarian buffet. Arriving on a Sunday at 21:00 the place was absolutely packed. I seriously mean this. Rammed. The queue for the food was for me, intolerable. We came back at 22:00 to find a much more relaxed and calmer environment. More importantly, a high table window seat. The interior is modern and bright but tastefully so. For €9.90 you can eat as much you want including soup, dips, cold items and a smaller selection of rices and hot dishes. By the way the staff member who served our sparkling water and house white wine from the Douro Valley said Da Terra was now 100% vegan. Most wonderful news indeed. Even late in the evening some food items were being replenished. There's a sense of order here and I like it very much indeed.

Pros: Open late, Good food, Location

Cons: Can get very busy

cheap, healthy, vegan - Edit

Healthy, many different foods at buffet, easy to find and affordable.
really nice staff that helps with everything

Pros: lots of options especially if buffet, very affordable (especially at lunch), lots of space

Beautiful Place with Friendly Staff - Edit

Da Terra is lovely. I have been there a few times now. The buffet is almost entirely vegan - ask them and they will tell you if anything is not vegan. The atmosphere is modern and minimalistic. I like it a lot. Great place to go with your meat-eating friends - everyone will enjoy it.

Pros: friendly staff, modern interior, lots of options

Cheap and healthy buffet - Edit

Da Terra is a nice looking restaurant with nice staff. The buffet consists of warm and cold dishes. Most cold dishes are salads and the warm dishes vary. They serve soup as wel! At our visit the entire buffet was vegan.

For us the buffet was very nice because sometimes during holidays it's hard to eat plain healthy.

Besides this, the buffet is very reasonable priced at 7,5 euro for a lunch, filling your plate as many times as you want. When we left arround 14:00 the place was really crowded.

Pros: Plain healthy food!, Price, Atmosphere

Very affordable - Edit

Very nice restaurant in a great location. Had a few vegan options that tasted fantastic. The food was nice and the price was a good surprise.

Pros: location

Good buffet - Edit

Lunch buffet costs €7,50 and included a creamy vegetable soup, juice shots, slaws, green salad, lentil salad, hummus and bread, sesame-seed-coated tofu wedges, skewered Brussels sprouts and cherry tomatoes, rice, bean-seitan chili, roasted vegetables, polenta rounds and one non-vegan item. Most things were vegan, including the soup. You can go back and fill your plate as much as you want. Can order drinks (beer, wine, sangria), juices, etc., and dessert, some of which are vegan. I took away a piece of açai-banana pie and a seitan-spinach pot pie (both vegan, of course). I plan to go again. Lunch buffet runs 12 noon to 3:30pm; dinner is from 7 pm.

Pros: lots of vegan dishes, including the soup, can go back to the buffet for more, menu available also, besides the buffet

Cons: not all vegan

Vegetarian with Vegan option - Edit

I had dinner there and on that day 2 out of the 3 dishes were vegan (tofu moqueca and seitan "steak" with baked potatoes). Both were really tasty.
Also there is a selection of salads and entrees and most of them are vegan, which is nice.

The place is really cute and cozy. I would go back for sure.

Pros: Vegan options, Tasty food, location

Cons: not being fully vegan

Good! - Edit

The environment is great and you can eat everything (except desserts and drinks). I wished there were more different types of food, but still they are tasty dishes

Pros: Price, We can eat all you want, Good food

Cons: Not that much different variety

Buffet in the centre of Porto - Edit

This bright and modern vegetarian place in the touristic centre of Porto offers a great buffet for only 9,90 €. There’s a huge variety of different dishes. At least for some dishes they have signs with the ingredients, but no clear signage which dishes are vegan, so I asked and was happy to find out that the majority is vegan.

They struggle with the usual problems of buffets and why I normally avoid buffets: The majority of food was only lukewarm, and the rice and the pasta dish weren’t really fresh anymore…
Still, this is good value and there was enough food that I truly enjoyed. The soup was great, the salads fresh, they had yummy fruit shots and a very tasty curry.

Drinks and desserts cost extra but are worth the money. We liked both the fresh juices and the delicious vegan chocolate cake!

They are open every day, at lunchtime and in the evening – that’s why we went here twice, with very little other options on Sundays…
Da Terra seems to be very popular among locals, too!

Pros: Good value for money, Central location, Opening times

Cons: Some food is only lukewarm

Great Buffet - Edit

Wide selection at buffet dinner. All very tasty! Great value - good selection of drinks as well.

Pros: Wide range of hot and cold dishes, Good value

Great Vegetarian Buffet In Center of Porto - Edit

I ate at Da Terra following a long morning touring around the city and I was very satisfied with the lunch buffet. There were several cold salads as well as an amazing soup, a couple of warm protein dishes, and a couple of other side dishes. I especially enjoyed the vegan adaptation of the fried codfish dish that is seen in every other restaurant in the city. The vast majority of the dishes were vegan (at least on the day that I visited). The price was very reasonable for an all you can eat buffet. I highly recommend this restaurant for any tourists traveling in Porto (especially when it is so difficult to find vegan or vegetarian food options in Portugal).

Pros: Food, Location, Price

Cons: Busy

Buen buffet con mucha variedad. - Edit

Muy recomendable!

Pros:

Cons:

buen precio y muchas opciones veganas. - Edit

Mucha variedad Vegana, incluso muchos postres

Pros: precio, calidad

Lovely salad buffet - Edit

Buffet of fresh salads, cous cous, tofu, quiche, Spring roll, rice etc. Lunchtime price was €7.50. Good quality food, fresh and colourful. Bright and clean modern restaurant. Really enjoyed my lunch. Desserts available but I was too full!

Pros: price, quality, location

Cons: buffet only

veg buffet in the city center - Edit

We have been there two times already on our current trip to Porto. As we were really satisfied after the first time we actually ended up a second time in this nice vegetarian restaurant because of its convenient location. If you are strolling around in the city center, this might be one of the best choices in the area. The first time we went there we were lucky and the majority of the food was vegan. Unfortunately, the second time we weren't that lucky and didn't consider asking for the vegan dishes beforehand. So we were a little bit disappointed in the end, as the vegan choices were limited. However, the quality is good despite the buffet style and it's also cheap. (€7,50 for the buffet excl. drinks and desserts) They serve soups, salads, fresh fruits and vegetables, fruit shots, pasta, seitan, cooked beans and vegetables, focaccia and many more. We really enjoyed the fruit shots, their freshly baked focaccia and the vegetable spreads. We also had a delicious vegan chocolate cake. The interior design is modern, clean and luminous. It seems to be pretty popular as it was quite crowded both times.

Updated from previous review on 2016-08-20

Pros: good value, friendly staff, location

Cons: limited vegan choices

Tasty buffet - Edit

We were pleasantly surprised by da Terra buffet lunch. The quality of served food was high and we could try various delicious dishes. The staff could be nicer, but it was great gastronomic experience.

Pros: great food, various dishes, location

Cons: water not included, staff, noisy

Fairly good vegetarian buffet - Edit

Yet another all-you-can-eat vegetarian buffet in Porto. I was here three times in a recent trip to this city, both for lunch and dinner. The food was excellent, however only 60% (approximately) of the dishes were vegan when I ate here, the rest using either dairy or eggs (or both). It seems very popular since it can get really, really busy between 13:00-13:30, with long queues waiting to (re)fill the plates. Service can be slow then and finding a free table can be very complicated. Despite the good food, I didn't get the best impression of it.

Pros: excellent food, central location in Porto old town

Cons: really busy at lunch, overwhelmed service in peak hours

Return to Porto Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Da Terra - Mouzinho da Silveira closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.