Da Legna

Contact 203-495-9999

858 State St, New Haven, Connecticut, USA, 06511

Serves meat, vegan options available. Full vegan menu with vegan cheese, vegan meat substitutes (bacon, meatball, chicken, tofu, sausage), and vegan appetizers. Restaurant also has a full bar. Plenty of seating, street parking. Lots of craft beer choices and cocktails.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, Italian, Beer/Wine, Take-out, Non-veg

First Review by MarkTisdall-Yamada

Amazing pizza! - Edit

I had an amazing vegan pizza here, while enjoying a great glass of wine, and I cannot wait to go back! My non-veg BF loved his pizza too. Great for couples/friends that do not follow the same diet!

Pizza, oh how I missed you! - Edit

I stopped eating pizza once I went vegan but ever since I found DeLegna and their vegan pies I've been hooked. They do a great job, the dough and crust is amazing and I found out they now have vegan ice cream! My fiance and I drive 45 mins just for their pizza's which we crave often! I've tried to make similar but have yet to come close.

Pros: Crust/Dough, Vegan Pizza! Hard to find!, Assorted pies and will customize!

Cons: Price

Yes - Edit

This place is great on so many levels. Don't listen to that last reviewer who clearly had never worked in the restaurant industry not realizes how disliked customers like her are (the world does not revolve around you...It's a small business that can go out of business way faster than you understand). Anyway, if you've ever had classic New Haven style pizza and loved it, come here. The crust is perfect. The sauce is really good too. The only pizza that isn't great is the buffalo. They don't use actual buffalo sauce they put sriracha periodically throughout the pizza. It's not bad just not as good as it can be or it's described to be. The other pizza are really good. The best thing they have though is the brussel sprouts app. Get it (sans bacon) and revel in its deliciousness.

Pros: Separate vegan menu, Great pizza

Cons: Street parking only

No - Edit

This was bad on many different levels. First, there are only four 2-tops in the place and they will not sit couples at any other table. We waited for an hour and ten minutes for a table. We watched multiple three person groups come and go. We were told it would only be a 20 minute wait. And then we never got a a server. We finally got our vegan pizza 2 hours into the night and it came with the dreaded daiya cheese, which was not listed on the menu. Gross! I do not recommend.

Pros: Vegan options

Cons: Disorganized, Gross daiya cheese

Great place in the city area - Edit

This place was pretty cool. The best part is there are options for anyone so if you have friends that are vegetarian or eat meat they can pick something too. The vegan pizza is on its own menu so you have to ask for one. There's a huge variety of choices. The only problem I had was the pricing. If you like to pick alot of extra vegan toppings it would cost so much money. Its very expensive. I would make my own pizza or buy a frozen one, but sometimes its nice to go out and not have to cook yourself. Once in a while this place is perfect. Plus they have the COOLEST water pitchers ever. This place has really chill vibes.

Vegan Pizza!! - Edit

The pizza is amazing! Vegan toppings galore-cheese, sausage, meatball, pepperoni, tofu, bacon etc. They also have vegan appetizers and occasionally a vegan dessert. Inside is nice and the staff are very friendly. Go there!!!

Best Vegan Pizza in CT - Edit

Stumbled across this place from a Facebook post of a friend of a friend. Wow. Since then I haven't looked back. I have been there far more times than I will admit. Let's just say this place has amazing pizza. So many different vegan meat options to choose from and amazing crust on their wood fired pizzas. The vegan bacon is amazing and is my go to topping. The staff knows me now I think and they are all so incredibly friendly. I love the way they have a laid back feel to the restaurant, but awesome food. The perfect combination.

Please do yourself a favor and check this place out. They have amazing pizza, appetizers, and food in general. Keep this place successful! They deserve it and I need to keep getting my pizzas from here!

Pros: Amazing Taste, Tons of Options, Great, accomdating staff

Cons: Limited street parking

Return to New Haven Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Da Legna closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 2467 times since Aug 2013.