Da Kine Diego's

321-779-8226

1360 Highway A1A, Satellite Beach, Florida, USA, 32937

Serves meat, vegan options available. Surfer shack, fast food burritos and tacos eatery where ovo-lacto vegetarians will be able to find something but not for vegans. Bottled drinks.

Category: Lacto, American, Fast food, Beer/Wine, Take-out, Mexican, Non-veg

First Review by Andyk

I've had better. - Edit

This place is on A1A across from the beach and is kind of a dive. All outdoor seating and not the cleanest place I've ever been. The staff seems to be high school age and isn't always that knowledgeable, but they are friendly. Not a very vegan-friendly place, with limited options. The guacamole is a disappointment, not fresh. The tortilla chips taste like a cheap grocery store brand. Spicy carrots are amazing...definitely my favorite thing on the menu. I usually get the "Barney Bowl" (A Big Ladle Black Beans And A Large Scoop Of Jasmine Rice, Topped With Fresh Chopped Green Onions And Red Bell Peppers- Served In A Large Bowl) with guac.

LOVE this place! - Edit

I had to write a review when I saw that others had negatively reviewed this place. I can understand that if you don't like spicy, this place might not be for you. My boyfriend and I love spicy and love DaKine's sauces. We've bought several bottles of their sauce to use at home, and when we eat there my boyfriend eats about a third of a bottle of sauce on his burrito.

The atmosphere may also not be for everyone, but we love it and think it's beach-life at it's finest. It's a cute little surfer shack with graffiti and stickers and reggae music playing and friendly staff.

We think the price is also great for a no-meat mini b, which is also incredibly filling, for like $4.29. It just comes with jasmine rice, black beans, cheese, their mild hot sauce, and a spiced sour cream. My boyfriend gets it as is as he's a vegetarian, and I order mine without sour cream or cheese, and they usually let me sub cabbage which gives it a nice crunch. I won't say this place his healthy, but it's nice to have something veg friendly and it's delicious and reasonably priced.

Every other person we've ever taken to DaKine's has loved it. When my Aunt came to visit from TX we took her there and she kept wanting to go back throughout her visit.

I agree that the guac is not great, and think everything else is great enough that the guac is not a deal-breaker, I just don't order it.

When we've brought family here that eat meat, they liked it but said they thought the meat portions were small, and wished they'd ordered a double portion. It may be the restaurant being cheap, but I like to think of it as the restaurant acknowledging that meat is not meant to be the star of the dish, it's merely an ingredient..

Great burritos - we'd eat here over Chipotle any day.

Pros: Good value, Friendly staff, Nice vibe

Cons: Not great if it's raining or cold out

Horrible! - Edit

I have to agree with the other reviews; so bland, plain white rice, canned beans, runny, odd tasting "sauces" that weren't Mexican tasting in the slightest.

I got mine in a bowl and paid extra for guacamole. I went back up to the counter because I couldn't find any guac. They insisted it was on there and said they put it on the bottom. I eventually found some watery, pale green stuff that I assume was guac. YUCK!

My daughter got a burrito and I swear it was nothing but one blob of rice and an entire can of black beans; nothing else. So plain, bland, and just gross.

It's sad that Chipotle, a fast food, chain restaurant is a hundred times better than this place.

Pros: None

Cons: Horrible sauce instead of salsa, Plain, bland rice, Canned beans without seasoning

Yuck!! Vegans avoid at all costs! - Edit

My family of four vegans had lunch here several weeks ago. It is an outside shack with umbrellas and a counter for ordering attached to a trailer. I ordered a taco salad, the others got vegetable burritos. Their idea of a salad is shredded iceberg lettuce,unseasoned, canned black beans, plain white rice, and a selection of greasy squeeze bottles with uber spicy sauces.They had no other dressings or vinegars, etc. I tasted the salad and promptly returned it. The kids complained the entire time they ate their burritos about the complete lack of flavor, but ate them as they were starving. Even my husband, who has no sense of taste, balked at eating his burrito. Why do mexican restaurants in Florida think that ultra spicy is a substitute for flavor? They are not inter changable. The food should taste good by itself, and not require an extra sauce. I guess the assumption is that if your taste buds are on fire, you won't notice that the food tastes like something you would usually refuse.We won't be going back.

Pros: Near the beach

Cons: Food was gross, You get wet when it rains, Expensive for area

Bland and not vegan friendly - Edit

My wife, son, and I went here and were thoroughly unimpressed with the food and eating vegan here is very difficult. The burritos were very bland with beans and rice out of a can. The restaurant relies on hot sauces for flavor and all the sauces use habanero, which kills your taste buds. All seating is outdoors and there are umbrellas, but a Florida rain storm can make it wet.

Pros: Easy access

Cons: Vegan difficult, Bland, Low quality

Return to Satellite Beach Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Da Kine Diego's closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.