Da Fang Vegetarian

Contact 86-0592-2093236

2F, 412-9, Siming South St., Siming District, Xiamen, China,

Diagonally opposite the Xiamen Institute of Technology. Bus: 1, Xia 2, 15, 18, Xia 20, 21, 22, 45, 48, Xia 50, Xia 59, 71, 96, 501, 503, 520, 531, 616, 809, get off at Li Gong Xue Yuan (理工学院) Bus Stop, then walk towards the way of Nan Putuo Temple, you will find the restaurant. Name is Chinese: 大方素食馆. Address in Chinese: 厦门理工学院斜对面. Most menu items are upwards of 30-40rmb per plate. Mon-Sun 11:00am-9:00pm

Category: Chinese, Buddhist

First Review by VeganSoapDude

Tasty food and good service - Edit

Vegan restaurant with extensive menu. There is an English translation (which is sometimes in German :) and a photo for every dish. Tea section is not translated, though, but took the first option on the list and it was great chrisantemum tea full of aroma. One pot is good for two, and they also refilled the pot with water every time it ran empty, without being asked. We've been there 3 times now as it's close to our hotel and they're always open. The service is quick, prices are average: we've paid +/- RMB100 for 3 dishes and a pot of tea, which is more than enough for dinner for 2 people. Overall, highly recommended.

Pros: lots of options on the menu, generous portions, qu

Excellent Veggie Place in Xiamen - Edit

I was happy to find this place. I haven't had much luck in finding some of the other veggie restaurants listed for Xiamen. Xiamen, by the way, is a great place to visit, particularly the nearby small island of Gulangyu. Anyway, this place is large, clean, and bright. There are tables outside also. I ordered a mock pork dish (I like mock meats). I thought it was really nicely done. Each piece of mock pork was wrapped together with a piece of Taro using tofu skin. The sauce and other vegetable were tasty. I also ordered the lamb on skewers and that had a pleasant curried flavor. The Tsingdao was reasonable at 6rmb. So, I thought the place was almost a 5, and given that someone else gave it a 3, I thought I'd go for the 5. The other review mentions that the prices may have been hiked for National Day. I don't know if that's true of this place, but travelers in China should certainly be aware that hotel prices can be tripled for National Day. I paid a total of 53 rmb for my dinner with the main mock pork dish, skewered lamb, and a beer. So moderate seems accurate. There were two sets of monks who ate there while I was there. The directions are quite accurate EXCEPT, it is slightly misleading to say that it is diagonally across from the Technology University. It is across from the Technology University, but you must walk a distance East on Siming South Road before you come to it. The location on the map looks exactly right.

Decent food, overpriced for National Day - Edit

I went here with a party of seven people during China's National Day. The food was pretty decent, what I've come to expect from China's vegetarian restaurants. We had a vegan fish dish, some fried noodles, some fake meats, and some soup. We did not get a lot of food (because it was very expensive, most likely the price had been inflated for the holiday). The staff was friendly enough and the food was decent. They do serve alcohol here.

Pros: Friendly staff, good food, serve alcohol

Cons: Expensive!

Return to Xiamen Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Da Fang Vegetarian closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1027 times since Jul 2009.