Da Cheng Vegetarian Food

• Health Store

10942 Klingerman St Unit B (at South El Monte), El Monte, California, USA, 91733

Retail and wholesale vegetarian food shop selling a small range of dried packaged and frozen veggie food products, including TVP (textured vegetables protein), seaweed, vegetarian seasoning, crackers, frozen faux meats made from soy protein and vege ingredients. Previously located on Valley Blvd Ste N.

First Review by Chia

They are moving - Edit

When I went to this little store, I had not read the previous review. Needless to say, I was a little disappointed. They only have a few things on display outside. Once I read the review, I went back and was pleasantly surprised! They have LOTS! of frozen food. It is a wider variety than what I have ever seen. Vegans beware, most of the stuff is vegetarian. However, the lady who tends the store is extra nice! You need to tell her that you're vegan and she'll tell you what products are vegan and which ones are not.

The current store is kind of small and difficult to find and to park. The door is always locked even when it has the OPEN sign on. You need to knock on the door so that she comes out to unlock the door for you.

The lady told me they're moving but she didn't tell me when. She told me to call to see if they've moved. She gave me a card with the following number : Jerry Yang Cell: 626-500-5551. The new address will be: 10942 Klingerman St#B South El Monte, CA91733

Pros: Helpful staff, variety of products

Cons: Cash Only, Small parking, difficult to find

Good Frozen Faux Meat - Edit

I had read about this place on happycow, then stopped in once. Here's my Da Cheng Vegetarian Food review.

This store deals wholesale and retail, and is pretty low-key in its set up. There is a small office & shop area in the front and a refrigerated food area to the side/back. The store sell a very small variety of packaged food stuff - not too exciting. The frozen food stuff is more interesting.

I bought some dried seaweed, dehydrated noodles, and frozen faux meat made from soy protein & wheat gluten including vege fish, chicken, chicken nuggets, and vege ham. So far we've had the vege ham and nuggets and they are very tasty. I just put the nuggets in a toaster often and served them with ketchup. With the vege ham cubes, I cooked them in an asian style vegetable broth soup. The seaweed is already toasted and I ate them straight from the bag (yummy).

Return to El Monte Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Da Cheng Vegetarian Food closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1459 times since May 2008.