First Review by gabynbrad

Fantastic Chef, Reasonably Priced, Friendly - Edit

After our first day in the Bahamas, we realized that finding good vegan food would be trickier than we expected. We decided to give Da Bahamian Vegan a shot and ordered 3 dinners and 2 lunches. The meal prices were extremely reasonable for what we received and for the general pricing in the Bahamas (very expensive). Gio offered us the option to have delivery every day or to deliver everything at once and we would have our food stored in the hotel fridge. After talking with our concierge at the Melia (our hotel), we decided to have everything delivered at once. This was a huge mistake. Staff seemed really annoyed having to deal with this. There were a few surprise charges that were never discussed. Sometimes our food would come back with the tops burned. Also, the service was unbearably slow to receive our cooked food.

Gio was great to work with, accommodating, timely, and just a really nice guy. We didn’t want to plan our own menu, so that we would try things that we normally wouldn’t try. All of the food was outstanding. Every single dish we had was just full of so much flavor. Even the salads were very flavorful. My absolute favorite dish was "It's A Bahamian Ting" rice bowl which had Spanish thyme Arborio rice, maple curry roasted okra, garlic & parsley green plantain croutons, crispy sea salt pigeon peas, lemon pepper cassava wedges and sprouts with Yum Yum sauce. I’m extremely picky about okra but this was cooked perfectly. I really loved the kale power salad that came with our mofongo and mixed veggies. I’m craving it now that I’m typing about it. The sweet potato with cheeze sauce was also great. There was only one dish that I wasn’t absolutely in love with, the southwestern pasta. I’m not a big fan of the southwestern flavors, so not much would make me love that one. I’m also not a fan of whole wheat pasta but the way this dish was prepared completely masked the overpowering taste that whole wheat pasta can have. Despite not loving it, it was still really good and just what we needed for a day full of activities. Another really interesting dish was the carrot curry soup. Very unique and not at all what I expected. It was very hearty and nutty. We ended up pouring this over rice since it was thicker like an Indian curry dish. Every dish was extremely filling. It felt like we were eating pretty healthy without sacrificing flavor. I highly recommend trying Da Bahamian Vegan if you find your way to New Providence, the Bahamas.

Pros: Very Flavorful, Reasonably Priced, Flexible & Accomodating

Cons: Having to schedule delivery

Amazing, fresh and inspired cuisine - Edit

We had their food delivered right to our hotel and were pleasantly surprised. Gio, the chef and owner, is very talented and came through with a meal full of flavour and absolutely satisfying. We had a fantastic coconut curry squash soup, small salad and pasta with meatless balls that were the best we ever had. Do try Chef Gio's food. You will be very happy!

Pros: Delicious, Fresh, Inspired

Return to Nassau Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Da Bahamian Vegan closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 2452 times since Nov 2013.