D C Cafe

202-887-5819

2035 P St NW, Dupont Crl, Washington, District Of Columbia, USA, 20036

Serves meat, vegan options available. Middle Eastern food in the Dupont Circle area of the city. Has vegan choices including hummus, baba ganoosh, falafel, grape leaves, and more.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, Mediterranean, Non-veg

First Review by cookiem

It'll do for late night DC - Edit

When going here, I was a bit turned away by the decor and the greasy state of the restaurant, including the rundown look of the menus, walls, tables, etc. However, after ordering food, with the somewhat challenging to get across my vegan concerns staff member, I felt a bit better by the steady stream of people coming in to order food.

The Lebanese salad was surprising in the mix of mesclun leaves that came with it! It was good, too, and the staffer made sure NOT to have any dressing that was dairy-laden. I liked the mesclun, the fresh bell peppers, green onions and cucumbers- fresh!! The falafel was decent, but a bit dark for my taste. The fries may or may not be vegan - I am not convinced they are, because they had a coating and had a slightly sweet smell.

Still, for late at night, this could be an alright choice for salads and falafel-like options. You know it will be made freshly and can watch it being made.

Pros: Inexpensive, Hours, Fast service

Cons: Greasy, Decor, Attitude

Return to Washington Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has D C Cafe closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.