CLOSED: Curry Station - Washington Blvd

941-312-6264

1301 N Washington Blvd, Sarasota, Florida, USA, 34236

Serves meat, vegan options available. Traditional Indian, South Indian, Indo-Chinese, and Goan cuisine. Menu lists numerous vegetarian entrees of which around 14 are vegan suitable. Offers an expansive selection at lunch buffet. Confirmed closed May 2017. Branch on Clark Road at Beneva remains open.

Categories: Lacto, Indian, Buffet, Catering, Indo-Chinese, Non-veg

First Review by grrrowan

Many vegan options, all delicious! - Edit

I think Curry Station has two locations, but this is the only one I've visited and it was my first time here. The outside is unassuming, a red & yellow sign marks the place and maroon shades cover the doors & window.

The inside is plain, nine four-seat tables, one six seater, and one two seater. The walls have some mix-matched photos of Indian destinations and Indian art. Some tapestries drape across the ceilings which are your basic fluorescent lights & foam panels. Towards the back is a small buffet, curtain to the kitchen, and drink cooler. The decor & ambiance isn't anything to write home about, but the Indian music playing is pleasant and it's a restaurant - not a spa. The food certainly makes up for the lack of... thoughtful decor.

I was surprised but happy to see the place had many other patrons. They offer a buffet & full menu with vegan section included.

They have a lunch buffet from 11:30-2:30 that's $9.99 a plate. When I went, 5/10 buffet items were vegan. That's pretty awesome for a meat-serving restaurant if you ask me.

I tried all five of them - Aaloo Baigan (eggplant & potato), Chana Masala, Daal Tadka (lentils), Basmati Rice, and Stir Fry veggies (cabbage & zucchini). My favorite was definitely the Chana Masala & Daal Tadka.

Everything was very flavorful and seemed healthy, as well. The server was very kind and seemed to have a firm grasp of what was & wasn't vegan - which I always appreciate. I definitely recommend this place. I will likely dine here exclusively when I don't feel like cooking.

Pros: clearly marked vegan options, delicious, healthy

Cons: lackluster decor

Return to Sarasota Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has CLOSED: Curry Station - Washington Blvd closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.