Curry Station - Washington Blvd

Contact 941-312-6264

1301 N Washington Blvd, Sarasota, Florida, USA, 34236

Serves meat, vegan options available. Traditional Indian, South Indian, Indo-Chinese, and Goan cuisine. Menu lists numerous vegetarian entrees of which around 14 are vegan suitable. Offers an expansive selection at lunch buffet. Open Mon-Sun 11:30am-2:30pm, Mon-Sun 5:30pm-9:00pm.

Category: Lacto, Indian, Buffet, Catering, Indo-Chinese, Non-veg

First Review by grrrowan

Many vegan options, all delicious! - Edit

I think Curry Station has two locations, but this is the only one I've visited and it was my first time here. The outside is unassuming, a red & yellow sign marks the place and maroon shades cover the doors & window.

The inside is plain, nine four-seat tables, one six seater, and one two seater. The walls have some mix-matched photos of Indian destinations and Indian art. Some tapestries drape across the ceilings which are your basic fluorescent lights & foam panels. Towards the back is a small buffet, curtain to the kitchen, and drink cooler. The decor & ambiance isn't anything to write home about, but the Indian music playing is pleasant and it's a restaurant - not a spa. The food certainly makes up for the lack of... thoughtful decor.

I was surprised but happy to see the place had many other patrons. They offer a buffet & full menu with vegan section included.

They have a lunch buffet from 11:30-2:30 that's $9.99 a plate. When I went, 5/10 buffet items were vegan. That's pretty awesome for a meat-serving restaurant if you ask me.

I tried all five of them - Aaloo Baigan (eggplant & potato), Chana Masala, Daal Tadka (lentils), Basmati Rice, and Stir Fry veggies (cabbage & zucchini). My favorite was definitely the Chana Masala & Daal Tadka.

Everything was very flavorful and seemed healthy, as well. The server was very kind and seemed to have a firm grasp of what was & wasn't vegan - which I always appreciate. I definitely recommend this place. I will likely dine here exclusively when I don't feel like cooking.

Pros: clearly marked vegan options, delicious, healthy

Cons: lackluster decor

Return to Sarasota Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Curry Station - Washington Blvd closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.