First Review by blinki

disappointing - Edit

There's not much in this area for vegan food, so was looking forward to trying this place. There were a few vegetarian options but when i asked, was told the only vegan option available was aloo mutter. It was bland, with no development of the flavours as I have come to expect from Indian cuisine. Service was great. The lady was polite and attentive, but I can make food that tastes better at home though I am not accomplished in the kitchen.

Great curry - Edit

I smelt this place before I saw it. As a Brit I find curry in Australia disappointing and I've never smelt the curry first here. But I didn't bother going in because I assume they cook with ghee but later I was talking to an Indian woman and she said it was good so I decided I had to go ask. Staff were very clear and helpful on what was pure veg with no dairy, I didn't bother saying vegan.

It's got seats but line a canteen so I wouldn't sit in, there's not exactly any atmosphere. I got dahl to take away and had it with my own rice. The big serving was huge, plenty for two and the small would have been plenty for one. It was really tasty though a bit more watery than I like my dahl. It did have some spice to it, probably counts as very hot by Australian standards but I found it just right. They do have a mild vegan dish if you struggle with spice.

Given the lack of other options in the area i was really happy with this find. Given serving size and taste it's very good value too.

Return to Fraser Coast Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Curry Rush closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.