Curry Leaf

Contact 520-881-2786

2510 E Grant Rd, Tucson, Arizona, USA, 86716

Serves meat, vegan options available. Mainly a Andhra-style Indian restaurant with some North Indian influence. Menu includes some vegetarian dishes, labeled. Makes dosa, thali, uppatham, curries, and more. Open .

Category: Lacto, Indian, Take-out, Non-veg

First Review by Jennah2o

Disappointing - Edit

We went there for dinner in January and were very disappointed. I'm not sure how informed the clientele is about Indian cuisine, and am mystified how anyone could have enjoyed the food. We ordered a vegetarian meal: tarka dhal, aloo gobi and palaak paneer. I've never seen dhal served as a paste - as stiff as mashed potatoes and the vegetable dishes were tasteless. It seemed that the cook forgot to add any spice.
I was interested in trying their dosa there, but am not going back based on my a la carte experience.

Pros: Nice table wear, Friendly service

Cons: Bad food

North AND South Indian vegan food!!! - Edit

We love this restaurant and have been to it several times. There are a variety of both North and South Indian meals that are vegan. If you aren't sure if something is vegan, the staff always knows and the cook can make things vegan that normally aren't.

Try, well, everything. It's all good. :) Our favorites are the yellow soup (peppery!), the dosas, bhenghan bharta (made vegan), saag aloo, uttapam, and more. You can't go wrong here, and it's a nice addition to Tucson to have a place you can get South Indian fare, too.

Pros: LOTS of vegan options, Great soup!, Friendly staff

Cons: Not 100% vegan, Pricing is fair, but not "great"

Return to Tucson Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Curry Leaf closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 783 times since Jul 2014.