Cuppa Tea

Contact 433820896

255 Bridge Rd, Richmond, Victoria, 3121

Vegetarian brunch and lunch cafe with some dishes that can be made vegan and occasional vegan specials. Large seating area out the back. Open Mon-Sat 8:00am-4:00pm, Sun 10:00am-4:00pm.

Category: Lacto, Ovo, Western, Catering, European

First Review by Tiggy

Tasty food, good coffee. - Edit

Cute vegetarian cafe with friendly staff. Happy to veganise non vegan items. I ordered the avo and hummus on toast, which they left out the ricotta and added a hash brown. Yummy and filling. I'll be back!

DiptiBharucha 21 Nov 2016 - Thank you Lulubear. Love to serve you again. :)

appalled - Edit

Ask for something Vegan takeaway - was shown what looked to be a delicious toasty cheese/chili. I get in the car and take a bite. Go back inside and ask if this is vegan - 'yes' the reply. Then I ask what cheese do you use? He goes into the kitchen and comes out and says 'can I get you something else the cheese is not vegan'. Tried to convince me to get something else several times before giving my Money back and I left.

DiptiBharucha 21 Nov 2016 - Oh!! Ptoperosa, I am so sorry to know about your experience. But I think you picked up a wrong menu item. Cheese chilly toasty as the name suggests cannot be vegan.

Also please note: We are a vegetarian cafe, but we don't claim we are Vegan only! We are very happy to make changes wherever possible for our Vegan customers any day provided they inform us about their dietary requirements. :)

Also we have had so many customers who do ask us for vegan options and end up deciding to eat egg omelettes and toasty which has cheese. So it's really hard for us to know if you are after vegan only. Also the concept of vegan is growing so it's always so nice to educate people and let them know the difference between dairy cheese and vegan cheese. We do not have vegan cheese, but certainly it's on our list.

I wish you had a chance to try our other delicious dishes which can be made vegan. :)
Please do come back again and give us a chance to improve your experience at our cafe. :)

Hope you have a lovely day!!

Not impressive - Edit

When I first checked out this place I asked about vegan options and was told they could veganise a number of the menu items. However, this involved removing ingredients to the point where it didn't seem worth it. Even the hummus in one dish was not vegan and would have to be left out! I decided to give the place a go anyway and on the day we were there, they were advertising a vegan omelette ($12.95), so we ordered this. What arrived on our plates was more like a pancake than an omelette. It had little flavour without the accompanying green pesto-like sauce, which itself had its taste overpowered by chili. The side salad did nothing to enhance the dish: multiple slices of cucumber and lettuce leaves. There was little here to make me want to come back.

Updated from previous review on 2016-08-14

Cons: Vegan versions leave out ingredients, Vegan omelette not good

Return to Richmond Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Cuppa Tea closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.