CupCakes Wien

• Bakery Bakery
Contact 01-726-10-89

Albertgasse 17, Vienna, Austria, 1080

Serves meat, vegan options available. Serves mostly sweet cupcakes with vegan choices available every day. Also serves savory but none are vegan. Has soy milk for coffee. Has a small inside with very little seating, outside or take away. Has other locations in Vienna. Mon-Fri 10:00am-7:30pm, Sat-Sun 10:00am-6:00pm

First Review by jennyc32

On the hunt for the best vegan cupcakes in Vienna (Part 2) - Edit

One day I decided that I want to find the best vegan cupcakes in Vienna, considering that there are so may options too chose from and of course I want to share my experience with the community.
The location of CupCakes Wien is a bit complicated to find, but luckily they have other stores in Vienna as well, for example at the Museumsquartier, which might be easier to find if you are a tourist.
I chose to visit their mainstore at Albertgasse and was very delighted by their pretty little cafe. This is exactly how you picture a cupcake bakery and you can even have a look into the kitchen and observe the professionals work! The place itself was pretty busy when I visited at the afternoon and I could get a seat, but I saw later on that they offer an online reservation.
They offer non-vegan cupcakes, too, but the vegan ones are cleary labeled and they always have a changing selection of vegan cupcakes, which can be looked up on their homepage. Some of the vegan cupcake are also gluten free and therefore more expensive, but a cupcake isn't cheapest here anyways (3,90.- per piece).
I tried four of their vegan cupcakes: the coconut-straciatella cupcake, the peanutbutter cupcake, the wildberry cupcake and the chocolate cupcake.
They are absolutly marvelous! The sponge was soft and juicy and the toppings just had the perfect consistency and sweetness! Also they are quite of a portion, I would say that they have the proportion of an average slice of cake. My favorites are the peanutbutter and the wildberry one, but all of them are so delicious that this is really a close call.
Even though this may not be the cheapest place and they are not entirely vegan, tastewise this is the place with the best vegan cupcakes in Vienna!

Pros: Invincible taste, Big portion, Many options

Cons: Not entirely vegan, Pricy, Reservation might be needed

Excellent cake! - Edit

When I visited there were three vegan cupcakes available, all clearly marked. We shared a chocolate cupcake and an orange nougat one. They were both delicious! The sponge was moist and the icing was not too sweet or gritty, as it can sometimes be on cupcakes. I'd really recommend this place if you've got a sweet tooth!

Pros: Great icing, Good vegan choices

Return to Vienna Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has CupCakes Wien closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 763 times since Jan 2014.