CLOSED: Culux

• Veg-friendly

Contact 0221-27095800

Rudolfplatz 7, Cologne, Germany, 50674

Serves meat, vegan options available. Currywurst restaurant, has vegetarian and vegan sausages, vegan Kartoffelsalat, and a vegan burger. Its location at Oeder Weg 34, Frankfurt reportedly shut down in summer 2013. Reported closed to HappyCow.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Western, Fast food, German, Non-veg

First Review by voice-design

Real German Curry Wurst! - Edit

Finally I could ate real German Curry Wurst. I thougt it's only a hot sausage with some curry sauce but it tastes slightly different. Nice to try but a bit expensive. I ordered one sausage and a drink for almost 8 euros.

Pros: curry wurst for vegans, friendly staff

Cons: expensive

The perfect curry sausages! - Edit

Most people prefer vegan sausages with seitan which are more like *real* meat sausages, but as a big tofu fan I love their more soft tofu based sausages. The homemade fries are fantastic and the sauces are great, too.
Even though I'd like more of the sauce to be vegan (I'd really love the peanut and the plum cinnamon sauce!), but they are working on more vegan options. A bit slow though ;)
They also offer a vegan burger now and I heard that it's good, but I haven't tried it yet.
All in all great to grab a bite before going to the movies nearby. A bit expensive, though.

Update: I tried the burger now, it's very good. They also introduced some new vegan dips, so it now makes sense to order the plate with four different sauces :)

Pros: Vegan options, Tasty sausages and sauces, Great homemade fries

Cons: Also serve meat, Limited vegan options, A bit expensive

Tasty Vegan Fast Food - Edit

I had the opportunity to try the new Vegan Burger here and it was great. It is served as two mini burgers and I ordered hot potato chips (Pommes Frites) with ketchup and vegan mayo too. The vegan mayo was much like aoili which was a treat as I've not seen that done vegan anywhere before. The service was fantastic, the girl very patient with my sketchy German (though she of course spoke fluent English). While called 'fast food' this is still quality food that doesn't feel overly unhealthy. Really recommend this place for a casual dining experience. I look forward to them hopefully continuing to expand their vegan offerings.
Updated from previous review on Tuesday July 02, 2013

Pros: Vegan German curry wurst, Vegan burgers, Friendly staff

Cons: none

The best vegan Currywurst - Edit

I've come here several times till today and loooove the vegan currysausage sooo much! It is really tasty, especially with the fresh sauces and the crispy fries.
A real place-to-be!!!

Perfect for everyone, no matter if you're vegan, vegetarien or omnivore!

I'm loving the Culux!

Pros: Stylish location, Awesome vegan sausages, Best fries in town

As Advertised - Edit

One of the few vegan friendly places in Frankfurt. I went there based on it being in Happy Cow and being relatively close to where I was. I am surprised by some of the critical reviews. You can not expect to get a vegan sausage that is identical in taste and texture to the meat variety. We need to encourage more Veg friendly places like this. I had the Tofu sausage Currywurst with fries. It was pretty tasty and the restaurant is a very nice environment. I would go back.

Pros: friendly staff, nice environment, good food

It's ok... - Edit

It's a shame that a city like Frankfurt has no strictly vegetarian or even vegan restaurant. So the meat saussage experts of "Culux Frankfurt" are the only ones offering vegan saussages. They don't have the best vegan saussages (a bit soft, too much tofu, too little seitan), but they are ok.

Return to Cologne Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has CLOSED: Culux closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1180 times since Jun 2012.