CLOSED: Cullinan

03-2301660

Isabellalei 1, Isabellalei, Antwerp (at Belgiëlei), Antwerpen, Belgium, 2018

Serves meat, vegan options available. Healthy food restaurant. Usually 1 vegan dish available. Non-smoking. AUG 2014 REPORTED SHUT, REPLACED BY A GROCERY STORE.

Categories: Lacto, Ovo, Macrobiotic, Organic, Non-veg

First Review by Marco

Try something else - Edit

I wanted to try a different restaurant in Antwerpen so decided to come here.
The place is nicely decorated and with classical music.
However, if, like me, you go to a restaurant for a good meal rather than listening to music, you might not find it 100% to your taste.
I ordered a gluten free vegan meal. On their website, they claim that they are specialized in veggie options, and that all their dishes can be vegan and gluten free.
I was presented with a plate with a whole piece of (little) broccoli, a few chickpeas, 2 pieces of pumpkin and a bit of rice. They were steamed, without any seasoning or taste. There was a tiny bit of sauce over the chickpeas, unfortunately it also seemed to be tasteless. I started eating, when the waitress came to me apologising because they got the wrong dish and it was not gluten free. They took that plate away and brought me another one. Which looked EXACTLY the same, except for a piece of some sort of tempurah veg missing.
After our meal, the chef came asking if it was good. I said that it was ok but uninspired. He got upset and replied what could I expect for a gluten free dish without giving any notice in advance. He disn't wait for my reply, so I couldn't tell him that putting 3 pieces of barely cut vegetables in a plate is quite lacking for a veggie dish in a restaurant supposedly specialized on that.
If you are veg(etari)an, you won't find here a meal that you cannot make yourself at home, and better. Also, being surrounded by people eating steaks and other dead animals won't help.
Veggie people, try something else.

Pros: Veggie option

Cons: Not nice to see dead animals all around , Bad "vegetarian specialities"

Lomedin 06 Nov 2015 - "REPORTED SHUT, REPLACED BY A GROCERY STORE" - Hooray! xD

vegetarian dish at Cullinan - Edit

At Cullinan they serve a daily fresh vegetarian (macrobiotic inspired) dish...delicious! 12euro

Pros: fresh, balances

Cons: relative long waiting

Absolute best macrobiotic resto in Antwerp - Edit

Me and my friend regularly visit this restaurant. Great, simple, honest, biological food...made with love and attention. Great variety is served on the daily veggie dish. Quiet atmosphere. Good prices.

Pros: excellent food, healthy and balanced cuisine, good portions

A gem! - Edit

The Cullinan serves certified organic food, and this is one of the places where very healthy and very tasty go together. The menu had many different options, not 100% vegetarian, but they did have some vegan options. The interior has a stylish simplicty, refined but cosy. Unfortunately we could only have dinner there once, but we will return.

Pros: great food, tasteful interior

Return to Antwerpen Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has CLOSED: Cullinan closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.