Cuenco

Contact 4291908

Olascoaga 1412, Mendoza, Argentina, 5500

Serves vegan and organic food. Also sells organic products like rice noodle, soya sauce, organic legumes, organic seeds, jams, sunflower oil and others. Closed Sun.

Category: Vegan, Organic, Buffet, Take-out, Argentinian

First Review by SoledadMoretti

delicious!! - Edit

We arrived 10 minutes before 12 and they opened for us. The food was so delicious and there was so much variety! It was all vegan which was such a lovely surprise and it was totally delicious! Will be going back tomorrow!!!

great buffet! - Edit

Big and very varied buffet. Good value for money. Has lots of dishes that are usually very hard to find vegan versions of. Eg. Strauganoff and carbonara (I know I've spelt that wrong haha). Also has juices and organic /vegan groceries.

Pros: all vegan!, good value, interesting dishes

Cons: more desserts or sweet options

Great vegan food - Edit

By far the best meals I had in Argentina.
I loved the food so much that I went there everyday I was in Mendoza. Unlike many restaurants, even the wine is vegan (didn't try it thought). They also sell sandwiches, perfect for long bus rides. I wish there were more places like this in South America.

Pros: Fantastic food

Cons: Only open for lunch

Best vegan food around! - Edit

I had the pleasure of having one meal here, I wish I could have had more! I arrived just before they closed at 3 and loaded up a large to go tray and was amazed that it only cost 90 pesos. It was A LOT of food!

Great variety of foods and all of it was really good. I had eggplant milanesa, milanesa de soja, falafels, roasted butternut squash, crepes, a few different types of potatoes, lentils, veggie pie... Mmm! (:

Makes me wish I lived in Mendoza or that I was going back very soon!

Excellent! - Edit

Went there first thing, thanks to HappyCow, and wow, what a great spot! True, the buffet is incredible, it's impossible to try everything - so much choice, and dishes keep coming...

It's great also because here you can find all sorts of veg protein, be it seitan, grains or tofu in different forms (had some incredible seitan stew, among other things...). And quiches and veggies and so many delicious things. Too bad it's not open in the evening, but take away's definitely an option for those living there.

Pros: Delicious, Nice atmosphere and friendly staff, So much choice, everything was great

Cons: only for lunch!

Best vegan restaurant in SA - Edit

It's a buffetstyle restaurant with only vegan food. It costs 80 pesos per kg, which is very reasonable for the delicious food. There were so many different creative dishes that we had a hard time choosing what to eat. We ended up eating two full plates and then came back the other day to try new things and also to buy their ginger cake (which I'm eating right now and it's very good). They also have fresh juices like carrot juice and pumpkin/orange juice. If you are vegan or vegetarian, you HAVE to eat here while in Mendoza!

Pros: Only vegan food, Creative menu, Very friendly, English speaking staff

Don't miss it!! - Edit

This place is fantastic, we have seen quite a few vegan restaurants and this one beats them all. So it's not only the best option in Mendoza, in our opinion it's the best one in South America.
The variety of food is amazing, it is almost impossible to try a little bit of every dish in one meal. On the buffet there were like 25 options to choose from (not counting the salads) and not just fried vegetables; really creative creations. All we tried was really good and some dishes even fantastic. They also offer vegan cakes and ice creams but we were too full to try ;-)
The people are also really nice.
We left absolutely happy and full and we'll be back every day while we are in Mendoza!

Pros: Taste, Variety, Inexpensive

!GENIAL! Excelent food and inexpensive - Edit

My girlfriend is from Mexico, I am french, we were passing through Mendoza anxious to find a good vegan option in a remote "cow kingdom" location... Well, that's THE place. Nice people, super kind, and the food is EXCELLENT. You can eat there or "to go". Pay by the pound. A lot of choice, fresh, raw or cooked... Great great place.

Pros: Lot of choice, Inexpensive, Great food

1st, and awesome vegan restaurant in Mendoza! - Edit

Found a jewel of a place! - as November 2012 is all vegan and mostly organic. Very tasty food, served by they owners.
Hearty to see their food choice based not only on flavors and colors, but also on principles :))

Pros: vegan, organic, tasty, affordable

The first vegan rest in Mendoza! - Edit

I'm so very happy, this is the first vegan rest in the whole city. The food is mostly organic and it tastes very good. They also have a little store with organic products.
You must visit it :)

Pros: vegan, organic, serve by it owners

First Vegan Restaurant in Mendoza! - Edit

Cuenco's food is amazing. 100% vegan since November 2012, you can find both cold and hot buffet, including empanadas, seitan, vegan spring rolls, pies, pasta, salad, and organic items. To stay or take away, it's served by its owners. Location is also very good, in a nice Mendoza's neighborhood. As a local vegan, I can say it's one of my favorites in the city. Closed on evenings and sundays.

Pros: Great tasting food, affordable, vegan!

Return to Mendoza Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Cuenco closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 2812 times since Oct 2012.