Cuchillo

604-559-7585

261 Powell St, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada, V6A 1G3

Serves meat, vegan options available. Offers Latin food from Mexico, South America, Central America, and Spain. One of the co-owners is vegan. Vegans could get mushroom tempeh tacos, guacamole/salsa/tapinade trio, Equadorian quinoa salad, jicama salad, Peruvian brown rice and quinoa tacu tacu. Specify no dairy. Open Mon-Thu 5:00pm-11:00pm, Fri-Sat 5:00pm-12:00am.

Categories: Lacto, Ovo, Beer/Wine, Mexican, Latin American, Non-veg

First Review by VegNYC

A bit dissapointing - Edit

I was in Vancouver on a trip, and Cuchillo was just around the corner from where we were staying. I really love Mexican food, and was excited to try them, but ended up a bit disappointed. When we arrived, the host gave us a bit of trouble for not having a reservation, despite the fact that the restaurant was completely empty, and stayed that way for our whole visit. I had the cauliflower tacos, and while they were tasty, the portion was incredibly small. This just might not be the kind of restaurant for me.

Pros: Tasty food, Attractive decor, Pretty location

Cons: Why is there no sign with the name outside?, Staff were a little rude, Tiny, expensive portions

Delicious food and cool atmosphere - Edit

I was pleasantly surprised at how many dishes were vegan or could be veganized. This is a tapas style menu so we got to order a bunch of different things to share. I would give them 5 stars if I could, but they are non-veg so 4 is the max allowed.

Return to Vancouver Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Cuchillo closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.