Crust and Crumble

Contact 732-776-7767

633 Lake Ave, Asbury Park, New Jersey, USA, 07712

Serves meat, vegan options available. Pizzeria that offers a few vegan and vegetarian choices including veggie sub/sandwiches, pasta, and pizzas with vegan cheese. Previously at 658 Cookman Ave. Mon 9:00am-9:00pm, Wed-Thu 9:00am-9:00pm, Fri-Sat 9:00am-10:00pm, Sun 12:00pm-8:00pm

Category: Lacto, Ovo, American, Pizza, Italian, Take-out, Bakery, Non-veg

First Review by tigercat

so good! - Edit

they have updated their vegan menu recently. their vegan fat cat sandwiches are so good! vegan pizza is amazing! vegan jalapeno poppers and mozzarella sticks!

Pros: lots of vegan options, delicious!, JALAPENO POPPERS

Cons: serves animal products

Awesome in Asbury!!! - Edit

Crust and crumble offers great Italian food options for vegans. We were very impressed with the range of veggie meat options and the quality of the faux - cheese. Super yummy and great service! Vegan Wednesdays get 10% off!

Pros: Tasty, Reasonably Priced, Many Options

I would go again - Edit

Good sauce decent vegan cheese. pretty extensive menu. Prices are a little high, and they only deliver certain hours, but it is a good veggie/vegan/ others stop!

Pros: variety, tastes pretty good

Cons: price, delivery hours

Pretty satisfied with my experience there - Edit

I was traveling to Asbury Park for a concert with my boyfriend, and while there are several restaurants in the area with vegan options we chose this one since he's very into pizza.

Food: 8. We split a half size of the vegan chicken parm sandwich, which was impressive big for a half size! The whole size must be HUGE! We also split personal size a vegan pizza. I don't remember the name of it, but it was the first one listed on the menu and was the closest to a plain cheese pizza. Both items were pretty tasty, but I preferred the sandwich. I wasn't a big fan of the cheese used, which I noticed more on the pizza than on the sandwich... it didn't taste or look like Daiya or Teese to me, so not sure which brand it is... but it did look more like dairy cheese than most vegan cheeses I've had. All in all, the food was pretty satisfying. My only complaint in this area is the heavy focus on mock meats and cheeses.

Price: 8. I'd say it's average prices for vegan sandwiches and pizzas, ranging around $8-12 per person depending on what you get. Pretty reasonable, I think.

Atmosphere: 7. There are two rooms... one that is more casual/take out oriented, and one that is a bit more of an intimate and cozy dining room. We opted for the latter, and it was cozy (despite a loud group in there at the time, which isn't the restaurant's fault, of course). Both rooms are tiny overall, though, and it's kind of weird that they are extremely separate.

Staff: 8. Rather friendly and helpful.

The only downside I can think of offhand is it seems to be metered/street parking in the area.

Pros: Extensive vegan menu, Tasty, Reasonable prices

Cons: Too focused on mock meats and cheeses, Street/tricky parking, Small rooms

This place rocks!!! - Edit

My family and I have been here twice with another vegan family and we always leave stuffed and completely satisfied. We always order extra to bring home with us and have left overs as well. Portions are huge!! We get several different kinds of vegan pizza, meatball subs, pasta and other types of vegan subs that are available. Definitely an annual stopping place!!

Good in a pinch - Edit

I was looking for something quick to bring home for dinner and decided on vegan pizza and a mock chicken parmesan hero for my husband. I ordered 2 pies, one plain and a Smokey Joe. Everything was decent but nothing remarkable. My non-vegan friend, who was visiting from Italy, said the pizza was okay, which is actually a compliment from a native Italian. The whole-wheat ciabatta, allegedly baked in their bakery, tasted like it came from a supermarket. The whole-wheat crust on the pizza was decent. The vegan cheese was a bit rubbery. It did not taste like Daiya, maybe Vegan Gourmet.

Pros: Vegan options, Location

Cons: Needs some work on quality

great vegan options - Edit

We found this restaurant through a review in the Asbury Park Press. It was a little difficult to find (downstairs and in the back of an "arcade" type building), but you shouldn't give up -- it's worth it! Generous portion sizes. We had vegan chicken parm sandwiches, Smoky barbecue vegan pizza and a vegan sausage/pepper sub. We brought leftovers home for the next day.

Pros: great vegan food, old classics, freshly made

Cons: a little hard to find, don't know anything about sources of mea

Always Friendly, Always Good - Edit

Crust and Crumble does a good job with their wide range of vegan options. My only request is that they could maybe start to use Daiya cheese instead of the current vegan cheese they are using now. Other than that this place is great.

If you order a sandwich get a half...unless you are a big eater. Those things are huge!

Pros: great food, Good Service, great menu

Cons: vegan cheese substitute.

Vegan Options Galore - Edit

I needed to find vegan food at the beach last weekend. I called a store that sold vegan items and they recommended this place. The menu for me was extensive. Vegan meatballs and sausage. Even vegan "chicken" parm. I loved having soy cheese and whole wheat crust. This place gave us the whole pizza experience without the grease.

Pros: Healthy, Excellent, Super nice

Good Food! - Edit

This place is great! They recently added new vegan options and have the whole back of the menu. I have had the vegan meatball hero and one of the vegan pizzas. They were both great. The have a vegan cookie as well. That is okay, it isn't soft at all. It's nice to have a vegan desert option though. I love the decor of the place. It is green, silver, and black mostly. Everything looks very clean and the people are very nice!

Pros: great food, great atmosphere, friendly staff

Vegan pizza! - Edit

The thing that kept me from transitioning from vegetarian to vegan for a little while was my love for pizza. Now that I'm vegan, I'm ever so greatful to be able to eat vegan pizza! I've had a few different pizzas along with the "meatball sub" with kofta balls that resemble falafal more so than any kind of meat. Hopefully more pizza places pick up vegan menus!

Pros: great food

Cons: can be pricey

yum - Edit

Two of us lunched there lst weekend. Vegan wheatball sub for me, soysage sub for him. Great homemade bread, hot n tasty food. Attentive service. Small daytime dining room. Overall, a winner.
Four starts since the site doesnt allow 5 for non-veg places.

Return to Asbury Park Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Crust and Crumble closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 3541 times since Oct 2009.