Crosstown Vegan

• Bakery Bakery
  • Vegan
n/a

5-6 Picton Place, London, England, W1U 1BL

The vegan version of this doughnut company, opened Mar 2018 in Marylebone. Sells sourdough vegan doughnuts, coffee and other vegan hot and soft drinks. Dairy milk alternatives include soy, oat, coconut, cashew and almond. Open Mon-Fri 8:00am-6:00pm, Sat-Sun 10:00am-6:30pm.

First Review by Vegancucc

Vegan branch - Edit

I'm not a big fan of doughnuts but when vegan Donughts shops spring up you've got to try them, right? As it is a vegan only branch there are lots of flavours to choose from. I opted for the tropical flavour which has coconut flakes. The dough was good and the flavour was nice, although a bit too sweet for my preference.
There is only very limited seating inside but there are a couple of tables out the front which were nice on a sunny day (it's not a main street so there wasn't loads of traffic going passed).

Pros: All vegan branch so various flavours, Central location

Cons: Limited seating

Good doughnuts, a bit too sweet for my taste though - Edit

First of all, the girl behind the counter was extremely helpful and friendly!! Girl you rock. She basically described me the flavour of each doughnut to help me choose.
In the end, I went with a box of 6, so here is my review.
Coconut lime: even though I am not a fan of coconut, I liked the creamy filling and the fresh lime glaze.
Tropical: too much of a pineapple flavour in the glaze
Chocolate: perfectly chocolately, not too sweet.
Cinnamon roll: I love cinnamon, so it was basically perfect. Only remark: reduce the glaze, too sugary!
Peanut butter: delicious.
Apple pie: too sweet and not cinnamony enough. Again, too much sugary glaze.
All in all, the dough is not sweet (which I REALLY like), on the bready side, but the glaze is generally WAY too sweet. Good doughnuts, but can be improved.

Updated from previous review on 2018-04-03

amazing crosstown doughnuts and everything vegan!!! - Edit

This place is amazing!!!! These are the best vegan doughnuts I’ve ever had and the shop is beautiful, just tucked away a few mins walk from Oxford Street. They have a whole range of vegan doughnuts (more than in the other crosstowns), mylk drinks, loads of mylk for teas/coffees. So glad this opened! I had the coconut and lime glaze one and it was sublime!!

Incredible Donuts - Edit

The most amazing vegan donuts I have ever tasted. Everything in the store is vegan. Very nice, modern interior. All of the staff were very kind, and many of them are vegan. I find the prices a bit high, the coffee is not too good, the milk for my latte was overheated. (This happens in every Crosstown, actually).

Pros: delicious donuts, central location, nice staff

Cons: quite expensive, Coffee is not that good, Few seats available only

Return to London Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Crosstown Vegan closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.