Crooked Ewe Brewery and Ale House

Contact 574-217-0881

1047 Lincoln Way E, South Bend, Indiana, USA, 46601

Serves meat, vegan options available. Restaurant and bar on the Saint Joseph River, opened 2015. Reported offers a separate vegan menu - ask for it! Open Mon 12:00pm-10:00pm, Wed-Thu 12:00pm-10:00pm, Fri-Sat 12:00pm-12:00am, Sat-Sun 12:00am-12:00am.

Category: Lacto, American, Beer/Wine, Non-veg

First Review by MelsieT

Vegan menu and good beer! - Edit

I had a salad. Dressing and greens were excellent, but the "feta" was just crumbled raw firm tofu (as far as I can tell, not seasoned or cultured). My husband had a cubano sandwich with "sausage" which was very good (huge portions). For dessert we had a chocolate pudding which was delicious and peach brulee which was disappointing--maybe it is too late in the season for good peaches and it was really just a grilled peach. Vegan menu has great potential, it just needs a few tweaks. Nice ambiance and staff. We will doubtless be back soon.

Update (below) to previous review (above) on November 16, 2015:

The salad I had before now lists daiya in place of the tofu "feta." I think they are improving the vegan menu from good to great :) I had the Minoan sandwich tonight and it was delicious! Highly recommend it. Whatever they use as feta in the Minoan is perfect and should go on that salad. Also, the appetizer with garlic spread and olives is amazing. I enjoyed the cashew gelato too, but I was sorry that the amazing chocolate pudding wasn't available again. MY MIL had the baklava and loved it. Can't wait to come back again!

Pros: vegan menu, salads and filling entrees, multiple vegan desserts

Mouthwateringly Long Vegan Menu (for this area) - Edit

My husband & I went with another couple on a Saturday evening. I am vegan & gluten-free, one of my companions is gluten-free & our husbands are none of the above. Our waitress, Amber was great. She brought me the vegan menu & took the time to explain that everything was gluten-free except the bread & that they had gluten-free bread as well. The vegan menu was mouthwateringly long; not something I am used to in this area. I had the Toum, Ewe Tso & Pad Thai from their vegan menu. My husband had the Cast Iron Ewe Burger, our companions had the Oh Mamma, Smoked Brisket & Revolucion Cubana from the non-vegan menu. My food was great! The Ewe Tso was my favorite; I have missed that flavor. The non-vegan food at the table was greatly enjoyed. This place is the rare place that I & non-vegans have multiple food options. The service was very good, very attentive.

Pros: So many vegan choices, great service, gluten-free

Cons: got noisy the later we were there, small dining area

wonderful vegan options!!! - Edit

I grew up in south bend and my family still lives there. There haven't been any vegan options to speak of at all really, but crooked ewe has finally broke the mold and has an extensive menu for vegans!
Chef Alain knows what he is doing and really goes out of his way to create dishes that are unique and above par for most city's vegan options. I'd recommend 1000 times over

Two thumbs up - Edit

Really enjoyed the smoked brisket seitan and cauliflower bites. My fiancée ordered the Vurger which he also thought was delicious. Very friendly staff and great options for vegans with a full vegan menu. The vegan avocado gelato was awesome and my fiancée really liked the cashew butter gelato. I believe most, if not all, the veg food is made from scratch in house. Overall it's a great choice!

Pros: Offers a full vegan menu, Delicious, Relaxing environment

Great Vegan Menu! - Edit

Crooked Ewe has an entirely vegan menu - just ask when you are seated! They have some really creative options, such as buffalo artichokes and seitan brisket. The couscous salad is amazing! Definitely check this place out.

Pros: Vegan menu!!

Return to South Bend Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Crooked Ewe Brewery and Ale House closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1168 times since Jun 2015.