Crisp - Collins Square

0396212065

Collins Square, 727 Collins St, Melbourne, Victoria, 3000

Serves meat, vegan options available. Cafe chain offering a variety of customisable salads, bowls, and smoothies. Vegan marked on the menu. Open Mon-Fri 8:00am-3:00pm.

Categories: Western, Salad bar, Juice bar, Non-veg

First Review by Kittybiscuit

Smoothies - Edit

Not many options, two salads for lunch. Lots of smoothie and juice options. Unless you want a smoothie or juice, I wouldn't bother.
The slaw salad I had was not great, and expensive.
I don't find the staff helpful or interested either.

Cons: Expensive

Not many vegan options - Edit

I forgot my breakfast so I thought I’d try the breakfast options at Crisp as it is just downstairs. Turns out they only have one breakfast vegan option and it wasn’t the best açai bowl I’d ever had. Also took the opportunity to look at the other options on the menu. Not even the dhal or felafel were vegan. I think they had a tofu bowl or something. Not willing to try after my açai bowl was ordinary.

Pros: Close to work

Cons: Very few (3) vegan items

3 Responses

verbosity 01 Apr 2018 - I contacted Crisp prior to listing them and they have agreed to look into modifying a couple of things on their menu. If they make a few small changes (or if you customise existing options), the menu is more accomodating.
This is a part of their response:
"Good News our falafel and dahl are vegan! The reason the Middle East Falafel and the Lentil Dahl aren't listed as vegan on our board is because the middle east falafel salad has greek yoghurt in the spiced tahini dressing, while the lentil dahl comes with a dollop of yoghurt on top, so they cant be considered vegan. However the dahl in itself and the falafels are vegan products, so If you do wish to order the Middle East Falafel Salad or lentil dahl you can ask for the spiced tahini dressing, or the greek yoghurt on the dahl to be removed and replace with another item in which would make them completely vegan dishes. You can also add the dahl and the falafel to your own creations as well if you prefer. "

Kittybiscuit 01 Apr 2018 - thanks verbosity. I have to say they didn’t seem to be particularly knowledgeable when I visited downstairs but I might try them. I hope they do modify their menu

verbosity 03 Apr 2018 - I am a big fan of well marked/coded menus for that reason. The person I spoke to by email appeared genuinely interested in making the menu more vegan friendly (including only ever sourcing a vegan protein powder in future). Time will tell if these changes occur though.
It would also be much easier if venues ran one menu throughout the day to avoid breakfast and lunch limitations.

Return to Melbourne Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Crisp - Collins Square closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.