Crepes and Tapas Bar

• Veg-friendly
Contact 951-311177

Calle de Ollerias 15 (at btwn calle Moncayo and calle Capitan), Fuengirola, Spain, 29640

Serves meat, vegan options available. French crepes restaurant. Uses buckwheat and wheat flours and has vegetarian-suitable crepes and salads. Will make gluten free or egg free or milk free crepes with 24 hours advance notice. Menus for vegetarians and vegans.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, Take-out, French, Spanish, Non-veg

First Review by LenaVegie

very nice people and nice Food - Edit

Very nice place. Also it's not vegetarian they have a vegan menu and a lot of vegan options. The crepes are really amazing and gluten-free too as they use buckwheat flour. Also the tapas are great. Try the spinach :)
It's run by a Spanish/french couple. Really nice people though :)

Pros: vegan-friendly

Cons: serves meat too

Delicious food, charismatic owner! - Edit

We visited Crepes and Tapas bar on several occasions during our trip to Fuengirola last year. We were a little apprehensive having read other reviews, but were welcomed by Marc who was charismatic, friendly and funny. The food was wonderful, we had crepes on one occasion, and tapas on another. Marc was able to advise which options were vegan, and they were listed on the menu also.
There is a set menu which you are encouraged to order from and suited us perfectly. This conists of a choice of starter salad, a choice of savoury crepe and a choice of sweet crepe.
The bar is run my Marc and Elena, and you may have to be patient at busy times, just put your trust in them and relax! I can imagine Marc's sense of humour may be misunderstood by some, but we thought he was wonderful.
If you want the vegan/gluten-free crepes then I'd recommend alerting them a day ahead, but they were able to cater for us late in the evening with no notice and no trouble.
We're returning this year and I'm already anticipating some more wonderful food and amusing chats with Marc.

No customer choice - bullies! - Edit

I found this restaurant on happy cow, so leaving a review here seems to make sense.
I was excited to try this out, given the positive reviews and our last minute search for healthy meals in town on a Sunday evening.
Started off quite nice, friendly and attentive but very rapidly sunk down to pits of uncomfortable and desperate need to remain calm.
We were encouraged to have the set menu, mostly so that his wife didn't bash him in the noggin with a frying pan! the fear was evident!!
So we discussed having a slight amendment, that came with varying responses. Initially the owner (Frenchman) told us we can probably make slight change to the set menu choice, so 1 of our friends decided to go for that after searching the menu. Every attempt to ask for something (on the menu) but to our taste was bashed and beaten down to 'I cannot allow this, you must take how I present or nothing'. lol
We ordered red wine, asking if it could be chilled (given July stoking hot temperatures) but this was swiftly retaliated with 'a frenchman could never serve cold red wine' blah blah.
All the above was pretty amusing for a while, but the real depression arose when I asked for gluten free pancakes. Given that the restaurant was practically empty and the time (10pm) it was highly unlikely many more would arrive, yet I was without question told that if I'm not celiac they couldn't possible dwindle their small supply of gluten free ingredients for a requesting client.
I was flabbergasted! Though, I decided to keep calm since I didn't want to ruin the evening, so I took his gluten filled pancakes. No surprise but immediately exiting the restaurant I couldn't hardly breathe from the polluted wheat and was really annoyed and fed up with the bullying of this apparently hospitable restaurant.
I guess you'll have figured, I won't return.

If you decide to go here, know that you can only have what the menu or man says, otherwise you'd better search elsewhere.

Pros: hard to find!

Cons: no choice, small portions , poor service

Yummy food! - Edit

This is one of my favourite places in my hometown.

The crepes are simply delicious and they have a lot of options for vegeterians, and you can always negotiate the ingredients with the flexible and super nice owner of the restaurant :)

Some people might thing it's a little expensive at first, but the quality makes the crepes definitely worth the price.
However, they have a nice price for a dinner combo which includes 1 appetizer and 2 crepes (1 savoury/1 sweet).

Staff is super nice. You can organize birthday parties or meetings there. For instance, they have language exchange once a week.

Pros: excellent food, super friendly staff, nice patio

MUY BUENO Y MUY ACOGEDOR!! - Edit

He decidido darme de alta en esta web para que se sepa lo bueno que se come en este sitio. Merece la pena compartirlo. Tienen una carta de crepes, tapas y ensaladas vegetarianas con más variedades que muchos restaurantes que se dicen "vegetarianos".
Nos sirvieron la comida con mucho cariño y nos hicieron sentir como si fuéramos de la familia.
Hemos cenado de maravilla y volveremos en cuanto regresemos a Fuengirola de nuevo.
Les hubiera dejado un 5/5 pero este formulario limita a 4/5 la puntuación porque... no se trata de un restaurante totalmente vegetariano. Que cosa, no?

Pros: Variedad de la comidad vegetariana, Servicio fantástico, Precios muy correctos

Cons: Un poco difícil aparcar el coche fuera

Return to Fuengirola Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Crepes and Tapas Bar closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1103 times since Aug 2007.