Crazy Fish Bar & Gill

+1-631-509-4848

9 Traders Cove, Port Jefferson, New York, USA, 11777

Serves meat, vegan options available. A meat-centric restaurant, but is knowledgeable about veganism and whole plant-based food, so will prepare something for you upon request. Probably best to call ahead and tell them you are vegan. Vegan choices are scarce on Long Island, so at least this restaurant is accommodating.

Categories: Lacto, Ovo, American, International, Italian, Thai, Non-veg

First Review by thomasjohnlynch

brought friends from PA and NJ and we were not disappointed!!! - Edit

Stopped in with some lifelong friends from PA in for the holiday weekend. A little nervous about going into Port on a Saturday night with rain expected. BUT we did get a spot out front and the town was fairly packed but not too bad.

Got a round of appetizers (pictures herein) two of us got the vegetable rainbow chopped garden salad with pecans, apples, and a nice "medley" of vegetables. Mine with no cheese (i am whole food plant based) and our friend with cheese. Another got the basket of tater tots with cheese and skirt steak app. My wife got the steamed mussels that she said had a very nice creamy broth that smelled delicious.

For main (I am vegan like 85 or so of 90 meals a month and later found out that not only do they have Gluten Free on the menu, they have Vegan option and will be promoting that as well on the menu. I do a little pescetarian cheating however) so I got the peppered tuna and subbed as a GF option quinoa for the lo mein, the ginger vinaigrette dressing was nice with with a little zing. tasty. nice portion, not too much. another got the Marinated Skirt Steak Lobster Mac and Cheese which he liked. The skirt steak was nicely seasoned and cooked to request. That dish came with saute spinach that was ordered on the side and my wife and I actually stole it from our friend who does not like spinach - it was very well seasoned and prepared/cooked.....i woudl order it as a side or sub on any meal!!!! My wife got the Shrimp and Scallops and also subbed the quinoa which shes said was a very well presented and prepared and delicious dish. Our other guest from PA got the special Lobster and Chicken with pasta that looked fantastic (pictures here somewhere) and that was very good according to here (we are even discussing these meals the next day on our back porch)

It was a very reasonably priced and awesome place to spend time with long time friends (not old (smile))

Service and attention were well above average and wait staff made great suggestions and obviously the kitchen is malleable and accommodating.

Negatives? A lot of transitioning of people as we arrived and some people being seated (its not a big place, and all were indoors because of predicted rain which actually was starting after I parked the car.) single back door and the main floor where entrance. kitchen etc all come together and single door to "dining" room" is just an unfortunate side effect of the floor plan. it seemed for the rest of the night all went

Pros: Gluten Free entrees and apps, Vegan aware and options

Cons: parking, can be busy

Return to Port Jefferson Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Crazy Fish Bar & Gill closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.