• Crave

Beer/Wine
Take-out
Gluten-free
Non-veg

Serves meat, vegan options available. Family style restaurant with a vegan section on the menu. Dishes include parma, curry, baked penne, schnitzel burger and pizza with vegan cheese. Please check whether separate fryers are used for deep fried items. 1 of 2 locations. Open Mon-Fri 11:00am-10:30pm, Sat-Sun 8:00am-10:30pm.

Venue map for Crave
© OpenStreetMap contributors

First Review by Tiggy

amalie.malley

Points +81

14 Feb 2022

Served frozen bag chips and veggies, overpriced and waited an hour for food

If I could give 0 stars I would. Probably caught them on a bad day as they are understaffed but I paid $14 for a side of “stir fried mixed vegetables” which ended up being a frozen bag of broccoli and cauliflower from the supermarket freezer isle. Paid $10 for a side of chips which was also the home brand frozen oven chips (no salt or seasoning either). My partner paid $24 for a burger and chips (chips were the same) and the burger was cold. We also waited over an hour for food and people who arrived after us were served first. #Veganuary

Cons: Expensive, Worst quality food, Waited an hour

emilybradford

Points +20

17 Jan 2021

Worst vegan meal i have ever seen

I was very excited to see there was a few vegan options and once got a very terrible vegan Parma via uber eats and thought it might be a once off. The next time I went in to eat and got the mushroom penne pasta oven cooked and it was the most terrible thing I have very seen it was covered in sweaty heavy bright orange processed vegan cheese. I had two bites and couldn't eat it. Their vegan food isn't made so that they can say that they have vegan food not to feed vegans because I have never experienced anything like that.

Pros: Has vegan options, service is reasonable. , Omni options are fine.

Cons: Has vegan food but its not good.

bonisaurus.rex

Points +118

08 Sep 2019

A good place to eat with the kids or those omni family members

Taste was similar to bistro kind of food - tasted ok but nothing special and due to this I would say it is on the pricier side for the quality. The decor is pretty funky and it was nice and relaxing when I went during the day with no one else in there. I can imagine this would be a good place to eat with kids or with omni family members.

Pros: Several vegan items, Eye catching decor, Nice and quiet during non busy periods

Cons: Expensive given the quality

ZoeSimmons

Points +57

17 Aug 2019

Awful taste

I went there for dinner with my partner. While there’s a fair few vegan options, I got a pasta and it literally tasted like feet. I couldn’t eat it but was too anxious to tell them.

Pros: Some vegan options , Nice staff

Cons: Gross taste

Tiggy

Points +15147

16 Mar 2019

Absolutely delicious (the decor, that is)

I’d worked near this place for years but never went here until I saw it listed on HC. I came here for lunch a couple of times to get a sense of the food. The decor, depending on your perspective, was either vibrant and colourful or garish and trashy, with lights in the main wall changing colour through a cycle. There was a separate vegan section on the menu and I was advised that the chips were deep fried in with the fish etc, which ruled out about three dishes for me. I ended up ordering the vegan baked penne, which was an average pasta napolitana with typical plastic-looking grated vegan cheese on top that didn’t melt properly: not terrible but not worth the $20. On my second visit I had the vegan version of the standard vegetarian pizza (large $20), which was just OK but not bursting with flavour. It’s worthy of note that they didn’t charge extra for vegan cheese (even if it was sh**ty). I might come back occasionally because it’s nearby, but there’s nothing that would tempt me to make a special trip.