Crave and Co.

Contact 717-695-6229

614 N 2nd St, Harrisburg, Pennsylvania, USA, 17101

Opened June 2014 this is a vegetarian food coffee shop. Offers at breakfast bagels, sandwiches, and yogurt with granola; at lunch various sandwiches, side salads, and platters including a black bean and quinoa burger. Vegans need to specify as dairy and egg is used. Serves organic coffee. Open Mon-Tue 8:00am-2:00pm, Wed 8:00am-9:00pm, Thu-Sat 8:00am-8:00pm.

Category: Lacto, American, Organic, Take-out

First Review by naes321

Great quality veg & vegan food - Edit

One of the few veggie options in Harrisburg, and I'm so glad it was this tasty! This hip little spot has a nice menu and cool decor, with both indoor and outdoor seating. For starters I ordered a glass of the lime flavor housemade kombucha. It was so refreshing and light, and the serving was a real generous pour!!! The vegan tempeh reuben was incredibly flavorful and came with a side (I chose the kale salad). Crave and Co. has many vegan options including fresh desserts, so it's a must for vegans.

Pros: Housemade kombucha

just horrible. - Edit

I Really really wanted to like this place! My husband and I went in and they were not very busy. only one other table sat- it took them almost an hour to bring our food! we each ordered a vegan reuben sandwich.
It was so gross that neither of us could finish our meals. It tasted moldy, and just nasty! I've never been more disgusted in my life. (And i am not one to complain at restaurants. )
Worst $30 ever spent.
The staff asked us how everything was, to which we kindly replied "we're sorry, but it just did not taste very good...we hate to waste it, but we are."
To which they replied, "yeah, that sandwich can be like that.."
uhmm, what?!
While I'm glad that we had the experience- we're never going back.
Updated from previous review on Thursday May 12, 2016

Food was in various stages of decay. - Edit

I wanted to like this place - the atmosphere is a lot of fun. My boyfriend and I enjoyed playing Jenga at the table while waiting for our breakfast. I really appreciate that the place is all vegetarian.

Here's the problem: all of the food we received tasted strongly of mold or the sourness of going off. None of the vegetables tasted fresh. At the very least, this place needs to clean out all its refrigerators, scrub them down, and get a better connection for fresh produce. There was no excuse for the food we received.

We probably should have complained, but as it took a long while to get the food and we were on a set schedule, we just left. Unfortunately, we won't be back.

Pros: Fun decor, Jenga and games, Cheerful atmosphere

Cons: Rotten / molding food, Slow service

cute atmosphere - Edit

The menu options here are mainly vegetarian. The vegan options were not quite as expansive as I had hoped. However, the vegan walnut lentil burger was delicious! And the strawberry seltzer was bubbly and fun.

Great food and great owners - Edit

Just had a delicious trio if vegan tacos. Arrived right at closing and they accommodated my husband and I with smiles. The owners were working the shop and we had great conversation as well as great food. Wish we lived closer. We will be back! PS There in house made kombucha was to die for.

Pros: Excellent vegan choices, Friendly owners, Relaxing atmosphere

My Happy Place - Edit

The food at Crave & Co. is outstanding. There's just no other way to say it. Their vegan walnut burgers, cauliflower tacos, and biscotti were the stuff of dreams! I can't wait to try some soups, the Israeli sandwich, heir breakfasts... Even the fruit salad was amazing. All items are handmade on-site. Vegan and vegetarian, breakfast and lunch, organic coffee - really, all you need to make this your happy place, too! :)

Return to Harrisburg Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Crave and Co. closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 2955 times since Jul 2014.