CLOSED: Crank's

+44-1803-847500

Dartington Cider Press Centre, Shinners Bridge, Dartington, Totnes, England, TQ9 6JB

Vegetarian snacks, light meals, and cakes. Garden tables for use on sunny days. Uses dairy, so maybe limited options for vegans. CONFIRMED CLOSED, NOV 2016.

Categories: Lacto, Ovo, Organic, Fast food, Take-out, British

First Review by juliej

Vegetarian? - Edit

I have to admit we weren't in the best mood when we got here, having come the way from Totnes thinking we were going to see an actual cider press centre which wasn't the case - instead lots of tourist shops. So we hoped that at least Crank's would make us smile but there were hardly any vegan options apart from salad. No vegan cake either. And the blackboard menu indicated goulash saying nothing about it not being the real meat dish.
I don't see a reason for this place to be on Happycow at all.

2 Responses

Joloco 01 Jul 2012 - You don't see a reason why a vegetarian restaurant should be listed on Happy Cow?

wildfang 01 Jul 2012 - Hello Joloco, as mentioned in my review, there were real meat dishes (not veg*) on the menu and no vegan options apart from salad which is why this place shouldn't be listed on Happy Cow. Regards, wildfang

Scrummy - Edit

We have just been to Cranks this Saturday & it was lovely. We walked from Totnes to Dartington first & then went to Cranks.
WE had vegetable moussaka & Middle eastern potato sald both with yummy salad.
It was a little expensive but I don't mind paying a little more at a cruelty free cafe.
It was £25 for 2 mals & a bottle of wine.
The cider press centre which is where Cranks is has lots of good shops. There is a lovely food one there.

Pros: Yummy food, cokked to perfection, nice garden

Cons: could be a little cheaper

Return to Totnes Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has CLOSED: Crank's closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.