Craig's

310-276-1900

8826 Melrose Ave, West Hollywood, California, USA, 90069

Serves meat, vegan options available. Upscale restaurant offering also vegan dinners and vegan desserts. Frequented by celebrities including vegan book author, Kathy Freston. Booth as well bar seating. Open Mon-Sun 5:00pm-12:00am.

Categories: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, American, Beer/Wine, Delivery, Take-out, Non-veg

First Review by vixtrola

Dont waste your time. - Edit

We came for the extensive vegan menu. We immediately left because of the host's attitude. It was 9 pm on a Monday night and I was taking advantage of a recently discovered app that highlights various vegan and vegan friendly restaurants in the area. Craig's came up and we thought we would give it a try. Admittedly, it was a last minute decision and we were rather casually dressed (I had on a sleeveless shirt and shorts, my partner a tank top and shorts) but by LA standards we were more than capable of dropping into almost any restaurant in West Hollywood. Heck, we've eaten at Gracis Madre across the street in similar attire. When we approached the host station we asked for a table for 2 and he pointed towards the bar and said "you can sit at the bar if you'd like, it has the full menu". Personally I don't like sitting next to my partner at dinner. I prefer to sit across from him, converse and not have to watch the bartender throughout my meal. Just a personal preference I guess. I quickly replied that we would be happy to wait for a table. The host then leaned in, looked us up and down and whispered "I can't sit you at a table, you're not wearing shirts and we have LOTS of reservations this evening". Really? Your empty tables would imply otherwise. Also, last time I checked I did have a shirt on. He looked at us like we had just come from the beach in our bathing suits and expected a white glove experience. Dude, we just wanted to try the vegan bolognese. I laughed turned around and walked out. Luckily for us there are copious amounts of vegan friendly restaurants in Los Angeles that will serve up fun fare without the attitude. Relax Craig, it's LA! Won't be returning, won't recommend and will carry this review over to Yelp and my twitter. I'll save you all the trouble, skip this place and check out Gracias Madre across the street. They have great food, an outdoor space and no crappy host's to ruin your dining experience.

Pros: wouldn't know....didn't get past the host

Cons: rude

Reliable - Edit

Craig the proprietor is a great host. It's primarily for neat eaters but they have added flavorful and filling vegan options, not just grilled veggies.

Pros: Good food, Good scene

Return to West Hollywood Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Craig's closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.