Craft Burger Bar

757-502-4883

1706 Mediterranean Ave, Virginia Beach, Virginia, USA, 23451

Serves meat, vegan options available. Burger joint & bar but menu has a section listing two vegan burger: Beyond burger & black bean burger. Burger come standard with fried kale chips which you could ask to substitute for raw kale. Menu also lists a hummus appetizer.

Categories: Lacto, American, Beer/Wine, Non-veg

First Review by Plant Powered Eater

medium - Edit

I had the bean burger with "kale chips." The bean burger was really medium... Like they just mashed a couple different types of beans together. Normally bean burgers have some umami but this was just very regular.

The kale chips... Wtf. Not dehydrated like real chips. Just burnt. Completely dry. NO seasoning, not even Olive oil. Like they just crumble like newspaper ashes. Do yourself a favor and upgrade to fries.

If I HAD to go back I'd try the beyond meat burger.

Pros: vegan burgers, parking lot, friendly staff

Cons: kale chips terrible, bean burger disappointing

Awesome Vegan Burgers! - Edit

We’ve eaten at this new burger bar several times & came because our daughter sent us a photo of the menu with a section devoted to vegan burgers. There are 2 vegan patty options: a Beyond Meat burger & a homemade vegan black bean patty. Both come loaded. Also, there are other options on the menus topping list that should be vegan, although I haven’t asked explicitly (e.g., jalapeño jelly & grilled pineapple). Burgers are served with fried kale chips & upon request, they have been happy to dub in raw kale, which we eat as a salad because we try to avoid fried food.

This place serves the best vegan burger we’ve found in any restaurant!

The atmosphere is noisy bar & service has been slow on 2 of 3 visits.

The appetizer menu lists hummus, which I assume likely is vegan, but the burger fills me up so I haven’t asked.

Now, if they’d just come up with a vegan dessert, it would be really nice! (Sadly, none were available when we asked.)

Pros: good vegan in town where this type of food is hard

Cons: noisy & somewhat slow

Return to Virginia Beach Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Craft Burger Bar closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.