Country Life

Contact 603-357-3975

15 Roxbury St, Keene, New Hampshire, USA, 03431

Health food store and vegan buffet restaurant operated by 7th Day Adventists. As of summer 2016 food is offered by weight. The restaurant is open on Sunday for brunch (store is closed). Mon-Wed 9:00am-5:00pm, Thu 9:00am-8:00pm, Sun 10:00am-3:00pm

Category: Vegan, Buffet, Salad bar

First Review by will-travel-for-food

updated model... good food - Edit

I think there is a modest change of ownership... and a wider range of price/size offerings -- from a small plate or soup only circa $3.50 to the king plate including soup and desert as well as salad and a delightful range of vegan dishes.

Amazing place! - Edit

A truly amazing place. Very local, and so happy to hear it's been around for over 20 years! They offer buffet style eating. Which is great because there is something new everyday! I want to mention that they always have a cheesy (vegan) dish there, so that always makes me happy :) I recommend going to brunch there every Sunday! And their soups... mmmmmm.

Pros: All vegan, and gluten free - what more could you a

Cons: Nothing!

Cozy, inviting, delicious, and affordable - Edit

My friends and I stopped in for the Sunday brunch. I was excited, because I remembered this business back when they were in Boston over a decade ago. It has an even better set-up now: it's cheerful and bright, with plenty of open space and lots of food to choose from at the buffet.

Everyone was happy with their food. The place makes you feel like you are home for the holidays, and Mom missed you so much, she made you a huge meal with all your favorites.

We all live in the Boston area, but everyone opted to get a frequent diner card, because we know we'll be back.

Pros: Delicious, wholesome food, Buffet-style: choose what you like, Extremely friendly staff

Cons: No coffee/caffeine, No chocolate

A Gem of a Vegan Restaurant - Edit

Country Life is a hidden gem down a side street in Keene NH. The cook and owner, Peggy, is amazing - she offers wonderful innovative vegan food. We haven't been there during the week when lunch is served, but we go to the Sunday Brunch as often as we can. The buffet table is loaded with interesting vegan entrees, a great salad bar, awesome desserts, soup, pancakes, and more. You pay by the plate size, from $3.50 up to $10.50 I believe. We usually get the $7.50 plate. It is not all you can eat - you fill up your plate once and in one layer. Everything is invariably good and she serves a different buffet every Sunday, bringing us back to try more. I wish she would publish a cookbook of her recipes.
Updated from previous review on Monday January 06, 2014

Pros: Excellent food, Nice atmosphere, Good value and quality

Cons: Not open for dinner, Limited hours

Delicious, colorful, variety - LOVE it! - Edit

A wonderful array of delicious vegan food. All prepared with care. Nice and comfortable country setting. A great place to meet with friends. People there are friendly and helpful. And the price is right. A great place to introduce your friends, your family or your neighbor to healthy vegan food. They would no doubt find something they like. I normally don't bother to review restaurants. But this time I have to say I LOVE THIS PLACE!

Pros: Excellent food, Nice atmosphere, Friendly people

Lunch buffet - Edit

Buffets are few and far between so it was nice to stop in here a couple of times. Clean, bright dining room with plenty of elbow room, slow and relaxed setting. The buffet is not huge and is mostly cold salad items. Note the interesting reading material available if you get bored.

Pros: set price, good salad

Cons: limited selection, religious atmosphere

good place - Edit

I have only been there once and it was pretty good. Not SUPER impressive, but a good all vegan option if you are in the area. They used to have a location in Boston that I went to a few times. Nice people.

Pros: good food, nice people

Good - Edit

We went here during visit to see family in Newport. The place is good-- a little wierd hearing the religous conversation, but I guess i cant complain because I am on their turf at their place, but pretty good food the pot pie was great, real hearty. Not many options to choose from. I would go again if i am in the area

Pros: Pot Pie

Delicious, healthy, and inexpensive! - Edit

Went here for the first time yesterday. The food was absolutely fantastic. I got the all you can eat buffet for $7.50 and tried pretty much everything that was available. Everything (from the salad dressings to the soups to the entrees to the desserts) was delicious. I wish this was closer to my home so that I could go here more often. This place is run by Seventh Day Adventists and is very health-oriented. No heavy-handed religious message at all. (There is a picture of Jesus on the wall... That's about it.) A large quantity of free literature related to healthy eating is available, too. The people working there were very nice. The place is a part of the same chain that owned Country Life in Boston (RIP). If you're anywhere near Keene, NH, be sure to try this place. Even folks from Worcester/Boston would benefit from driving here to eat.

Pros: AWESOME food, cheap buffet ($7.50), kind employees

Cons: It's in New Hampshire!

Return to Keene Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Country Life closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 3141 times since Aug 2007.