Country Flame

• Veg-friendly
Contact 504-522-1138

620 Iberville St, New Orleans, Louisiana, USA, 70130

Serves meat, vegan options available. New Orleans restaurant serves Mexican and Latin American cuisine with vegan options.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, Beer/Wine, Mexican, Cuban, Non-veg

First Review by JohnKeith

awesome food, great service - Edit

The staff was super friendly, gave me vegan recommendations and everything was positively delicious. We ate outside, it was lovely. I had the veggie fajitas with plantains (however, it was expensive and not many other vegan options on menu).

Great Food - Edit

There were a couple of vegan options on the menu, a burrito and fajitas with plantains. I chose the plantain fajita with guacamole instead of sour cream and no cheese. The fajitas were very delicious!

Pros: Friendly Staff, Good Food

Cons: Not A Ton Of Vegan Options

meh - Edit

They are able to make food vegan but I'm not even sure why this is on here honestly. The food was ok, very generic. I wouldn't go back, so many other good looking restaurants to choose from that I'm sure could have also made a vegan option. Not very

Pass - Edit

Very few vegan options, and those that do exist are quite tasteless. I requested no cheese and stressed this twice, the server relayed this to the kitchen staff, walked back to my hotel and discovered cheese. Walked back and had it quickly rectified. Wouldn't go back.

Pros: Fast, Cheap

Cons: Few vegan options

Decent Food, But Wouldn't Return - Edit

My initial impression of Country Flame was that it felt a little unclean. This could be in part because of the smell, or because of the old food stuck to the menu. I ordered the vegetarian fajitas, which were good, but nothing to write home about. In short, I wouldn't return or recommend this restaurant to a friend.

Not bad but poor service - Edit

The food was okay, not a favorite of mine. New Orleans offered much better vegan good. The service was terrible! The manager was drunk, yelled at us because we were still sitting at our table (waiting for our check). She was upset about something after talking to us and threw some dishes in the trash can (close to our table) and missed and threw food on one of our friends. She didn't say sorry or take anything off our bill. She gave us a towel to chean it up.

Pros: Food wasn't bad

Cons: Needs more vegan choices, Services was terrible

Just ok - Edit

We were starving and I remember seeing this restaurant on happy cow. The previous reviewer gave it a good review. We don't quite agree. We ordered vegetarian fajitas which were much better than the mexican combo plate which had at least 1/2 pound of cheese. couldn't eat most of it. it was nice that it has veggie options on the menu, but the food is just mediocre.

Pros: Friendly staff, Veg options

Cons: Not the greatest quality, A LOT of cheese

Authentic Mexican Vegan Options - Edit

When you step off the street it is like stepping into another country. This is like a typical Mexican cantina with homey service, fresh food, and latin atmosphere. There are very few vegan or vegetarian options on the menu, but try the platano fajitas. As well, the staff will customize almost anything on the menu to suit your requests. I have found this to be quite common in Latin countries, especially South America, but not so much here, where they prefer just to remove items as opposed to substitutions. As well, vegan food is hard to find in the French Quarter, so this is definitely a place to try. We ate here several times and were never disappointed.

Pros: Fresh cooking, Excellent food, Very flexible kitchen staff

Cons: Few vegan options

Return to New Orleans Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Country Flame closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 3932 times since Dec 2011.