Country Aire Natural Foods Market

• Health-food-store Health Store
360-452-7175

200 W 1st St (at W First St), Port Angeles, Washington, USA, 98362

Market carries a selection of bulk foods, herbs/spices, local and certified organic produce, local and organic wines/beers, essential oils, incense, candles, natural mineral cosmetics, vitamin and mineral supplements and unique gifts and clothing. Carries many vegan items. Open Mon-Sat 9:00am-7:00pm, Sun 10:00am-6:00pm.

First Review by OlyVeg

Huge store full of good things - Edit

Every trip to Port Angeles, I try to make time for shopping here before the ferry home to Victoria. It's a spacious store with sections for fresh produce (not applicable for Canadians returning home), body care and household products, canned/packaged, chilled and frozen food, deli, clothing, snacks and more. There's a good bulk section for refillable containers of kombucha, oils, Bragg aminos, molasses, agave, tamari, vinegars and many dry goods. Also available are beer, wine, cider and liquor, including organic brands.

Pros: large store, fresh produce

A breath of fresh aire in PA - Edit

Port Angeles doesn't have many options for vegans, with the big exception of Country Aire. They have an excellent selection of vegan alternatives and ingredients, as well as natural, organic, gluten-free, and any other accommodations one can think of. The produce section leaves a lot to be desired, with a small selection and some items that were noticeably overripe (as is the case with most natural markets with limited suppliers).

Pros: Great selection, Friendly staff, Clean

Cons: Limited produce section, Pricey

Great find in Port Angeles - Edit

My partner and I visited Port Angeles this weekend and were happy to find this store. It reminded me of a hybrid of a small Whole Foods and a large food co-op. The deli had some nice looking food, including an orzo artichoke salad that was vegan, so I had some. It was very good. They carry lots of organic fruit and vegetables, most of which seemed pretty pricey to me, but I'm used to my Olympia food co-op that has low prices. Seeing as there aren't a bunch of options in that area of the state, it's a great place to find organic produce and frozen vegan goods that you won't find anywhere else in town. There was a nice bulk foods section and overall they seemed to carry most products that I'd like to buy if I lived there and wasn't just passing through.
Also, it made me happy to know that area can support such a store. It says a lot to me about the community of Port Angeles.

Pros: variety, vegan deli items, bulk section

Cons: prices

Return to Port Angeles Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Country Aire Natural Foods Market closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.