CLOSED: Counter Culture Cafe

Contact 540-463-6954

110 W Washington St, Lexington, Virginia, USA, 24450

Cafe inside a health food market. Offers four seasonal menus with vegan and gluten free options. In addition to sandwiches and wraps, it also offers a daily soup, bean and sides. Saturday is "grab and go" only - no cafe service. CLOSED MAY 2016 - REOPENED AS BLUE PHEONIX. Mon-Sat 11:00am-2:00pm Call for hours - tell us.

Category: Vegan-friendly, American, Take-out

First Review by maliciouskami

New name, similar cafe - Edit

I went here in mid-May with my boyfriend. The name had changed to the Blue Phoenix.
We had lunch, and split a veggie burger. He had soup and a side noodle dish. I really like the veggie burgers, with its sauce, lettuce, and tomatoes. The bean soup and noodles were a little bland. This cafe also sells the best gluten free desserts. I love the almond cake.

Pros: healthy, nice atmosphere, good food

Cons: not the friendliest place, some food a little bland

Mostly Vegetarian

Contributions +9

Fresh, local and flavorful - Edit

Chef Sue has over 30 years experience as a vegetarian chef and it shows. Daily specials vary and are excellent. You get a lot of food and flavor for the price. The Cafe is located in the Healthy Foods Coop so you can also do a little shopping after you eat. The people are friendly and the service is fast.

Pros: Healthy, Fast, Local

Looked good! - Edit

We stopped by for lunch, but were a little late. On Saturdays they serve soup and sandwiches. The soups were all vegan, while none of the sandwiches were. Soup was first come first serve, and we arrived after the lunch rush, so it wasn't worth $4 for an unlimited bowl, as the soups were almost over. We're vegan so we didn't check out the sandwiches. The soups of the day were Pumpkin Curry and a vegetable. The store does offer organic fruits as well as chips and crackers to supplement lunch.

Pros: Cozy, Good location and parking, Helpful staff

Cons: Limited food on Saturdays, No vegan sandwiches

Return to Lexington Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has CLOSED: Counter Culture Cafe closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1596 times since Aug 2007.