REMOVED: Cottage Cooperative

+44-1225-867444

33 Silver Street, Bradford-on-avon, England, BA15 1JX

Serves meat, vegan options available. Fair trade coffee, tea, cakes, sandwiches, some main dishes. Most items contain cheese or dairy. Also fairtrade crafts for sale. Removed July 2017 - reported no vegan options and very few vegetarian.

Categories: Lacto, Ovo, Take-out, Non-veg

First Review by Caryne

Lovely lunch - Edit

Contrary to the information all the food is vegetarian and there are plenty of options for vegans. My partner and I do not like big meals and prefer to split our food up into lighter portions during the day, there was plenty to choose from here; jacket potatoes, soups and rolls/paninis. There is the option to have gluten free alternatives which is always good to see.

My spicy red pepper pate pitta was lovely and we both very much liked the salad and dressing, it was nice to have something more interesting as a side salad than wilted lettuce and squashy tomatoes!

The cafe is housed in a very interesting small building and they tell you to the history of it on the menu. Staff were friendly and helpful and we were very impressed with the organic/fairtrade/co-operative way it was ran.

There were home-made cakes and soya cream available as well as a diary free spread for scones/bread.

The only downsides is that is rather small so people may find it is full on busier days, it is also difficult to find if coming from some directions of town.

Pros: Great value, vegan options, healthy food

Cons: Small, Hard to find

Very basic - Edit

I cannot comment on the food as we didn't get any! Entered this cafe at 1.55pm on a busy Saturday afternoon to be greeted with 'Food's Finished'. Hardly welcoming, no 'Hello', just that grumpy statement. We thought we could just have a coffee and a cake but all the cakes contained eggs/dairy (I'm vegan) so we didn't bother. As we were there we did glance at the menu at it all looked very basic, cheese on toast and jacket potatoes seemed to be the main 'highlight'!! It all looked a bit grubby anyway so I suspect we weren't missing a lot. Anyway, on the plus side it looked child friendly (we spotted a family having the aforementioned cheese on toast who seemed happy enough) and it seemed quite cheap but if you are looking for friendly service and something vegan I suggest you look elsewhere.

Pros: Child friendly food, Cheap

Cons: Terrible Service, Very Basic Menu, Nothing obviously vegan

Return to Bradford-on-avon Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has REMOVED: Cottage Cooperative closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1941 times.