Cosmic Kitchen

907-235-6355

510 E Pioneer Ave, Homer, Alaska, USA, 99603

Serves meat, vegan options available. Casual place with quick service. Has several vegetarian choices like lunch gardenburger and falafel sandwich - vegans to specify(no cheese, yogurt, etc.). Open Mon-Fri 9:00am-6:00pm, Sat 9:00am-3:00pm.

Category: Lacto, Ovo, American, Fast food, Take-out, Mexican, Non-veg

First Review by veggievet

Popular spot - Edit

I ate dinner at Cosmic Kitchen with a friend who loves their fish and chips. There were plenty of choices to be made vegan- burritos, salads, all that looked delicious. I ordered the taco salad and specified vegan, without cheese or sour cream. I also swapped brown rice instead of white rice for $.50, and substitutions seemed routine there. As I ate my salad, which was huge and gorgeous, things tasted a little different than I am used to, and I thought that perhaps the chips were fried in the fish fryers. As I ate down into the salad, I also realized that little shreds of cheese had been mixed in with the lettuce. I am guessing that the folks preparing the meal weren't very careful. I will give Cosmic Kitchen another try as it is popular and there are only a few places in town with ample vegetarian choices. But I will be more careful and be sure to inspect my food and not order anything fried!

Pros: Fast service, Large portions, Indoor or outdoor seating

Cons: Shredded cheese hiding in salad, Closes at 7pm

Great find for vegetarians traveling to Homer - Edit

As vegetarians traveling in Alaska, our food choices were limited in every city. We were very happy to find Cosmic Kitchen in Homer. The portions were generous, the food was fresh and delicious, and there were lots of vegetarian options! They were easily able to accommodate my husband who is vegan. Their burritos were fantastic and huge. Although I don't eat fried foods, I couldn't resist their sweet potato fries which were outstanding and the perfect complement to my salad.

A great find!

Pros: Large portions, Food is fresh and many vegetarian option, Service fast and friendly

Cons: Restaurant is small with limited seating

Return to Homer Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Cosmic Kitchen closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.