Cosmic Charlie's Cafe

• Veg-friendly
Contact 705-741-6491

170 Charlotte St, Peterborough, Ontario, Canada,

Serves meat, vegan options available. Cosmic Charlies serves a variety of purely vegan options as well as vegetarian in addition to non-veg. Some of the vegan options include cold spring rolls, onion bahjis, sweet potato fries with lemon tahini dipping sauce, thai mango salad, pad thai, and Singapore noodles. Flavorful and spicy food.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Asian, Caribbean, Non-veg

First Review by JK

Cooked with Fish - Edit

I read this on another review site, and thought I should share it as a warning. I won't be going there now, as I am a strict vegan, and don't want to be eating fish!

"I was very disappointed. I couldn't get past the fact that I ordered a vegetarian meal, that wasn't vegetarian!! I could tell by the first bite that there was fish in it. I asked the waitress....she confirmed they use fish in the sauce because it enhances the flavor and without it tastes bland. I first was astonished they sell something labeled "vegetarian" when clearly it was not and secondly to insult all vegetarians by saying the food would be bland without meat in it! The waitress gave me the student discount (10 percent off) I still had to pay for the dish even though I could not eat it!!! Our other food was boring, blah and tasted nothing like Thai."

Cons: Not Vegetarian!, Unfriendly Staff

Emergency dumplings - Edit

Dumplings are quite good, but the spring rolls, onion bahjis and sweet potato fries are all cooked with the chicken. My date's veg. noodles had a strange flavour and our waitress was a little curt, but if you have to eat somewhere...

Pros: licensed, dumplings, nice lighting

Cons: one deep fryer, one veg salad, unfriendly staff

Return to Peterborough Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Cosmic Charlie's Cafe closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1303 times since Aug 2007.