CLOSED: Corrinado's Pizza

• Veg-friendly

Contact 814-234-1606

114 Hetzel St (at E. Calder Way), State College, Pennsylvania, USA, 16801

Serves meat, vegan options available. In a town with no pure veg options, Corrianado's is the only pizza place that serves vegan pizza. Offers casein-free soy cheese, soy bacon and soy pepperoni toppings. Two vegan specialty pizzas marked on the menu and a hot sub made with soy products. They also have vegan pepperoni rolls that aren't on the menu. APR 2016 REPORTED SHUT.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, American, Italian, Delivery, Take-out, Non-veg

First Review by k-veg

The best Vegan pizza we've ever had. - Edit

If you can get past the shabby decor, this place is a gem. The mother and son team were on duty when my family visited. They were both very friendly. The mother was especially sweet and helpful. The pizza crust was perfect. The sauce, sublime. If you're vegan, all you really need are the sauce and a few veggies from the generous list of vegan toppings for an outstanding pizza. We opted for the vegan cheese and soy pepperoni this time. It's been years since I've had a dairy and meat pizza and this tasted very similar to the real thing.

Perfect after a long day of motorcycling - Edit

Went there after a day of riding and starving for food.As others have said the decor and atmosphere are not the greatest, but the pizza was prepared fresh. The pizza was pretty good, decent crust, really liked the sauce and a good balance of ingredients. Though we are spoiled by New York City pizza, we were pleasantly surprised and would return if back in the area.

Pros: Great sauce, Late hours

Cons: Two tables, Shabby decor

Unimpressive - won't be returning - Edit

Perhaps we went there on an off day, but nothing about this restaurant impressed me. From the disinterested "waitress" to the OK-but-nothing-special vegan pizza to the lackluster (shabby) decor, this was an all around disappointing experience. We will not be returning.

Cons: Bored staff, Disappointing meal

Happy Valley Delivery! - Edit

Although it took a while, the vegan pizza was hot and tasty. The delivery area is quite vast and it's not like they only deliver when they aren't busy. Rely on Corrinado's Pizza if you want reliable, fresh, vegan food delivered in State College.

Pros: reasonable price, good vegan pizza

Vegan pepperoni rolls aren't on menu! - Edit

Their vegan pepperoni rolls are delicious. Ask for them even though they aren't on the menu. I usually get those and the 'Vegan Soy Cheese delight'. They also have a vegan pizza sub that I haven't gotten around to trying yet although I bet it's great.

Pizza Like You Remember (Before Going Vegan) - Edit

This tastes like the bad-for-you pizza you remember before going vegan. It's probably still bad for you, but very good tasting and cruelty-free. I suggest delivery (they say their delivery zone is pretty extensive) instead of going inside. Like another reviewer said, the inside (very small) doesn't assure you of cleanliness. Excellent vegan pizza and so glad they are serving the State College community!

Pros: Delivery, Vegan

Grateful... - Edit

I'm so glad Corrianado's offers a vegan pizza as this is so rare especially in State College. Sure you can get a pizza without cheese, but it is nice to have something closer to what I remember in the pre vegan days. It is not only vegan, but tastes great and they offer a variety of yummy toppings. In addition they have made some great salads too! The only downside is if you go inside it does not appear to be the cleanest place, but I try not to let that keep me from ordering. One of the things I miss the most about not being vegan is convenience and this place makes it so convenient to have some pizza. If you want to order pizza there I would recommend getting it to go or having it delivered as there is virtually no places to sit inside.

Pros: Vegan options - especially pizza!, Multiple topping choices, Quick service, reasonable prices

Cons: cleanliness of place, no seating area

Return to State College Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has CLOSED: Corrinado's Pizza closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1873 times since May 2010.