Cornucopia Wholefoods

+353-01-6777583

19 Wicklow Street (at Grafton St), Dublin, Ireland, Dublin 2

Open since 1986, this is a casual dining wholefood vegetarian restaurant that caters for a variety of tastes and diets: vegetarian, vegan, gluten free, sugar free, coeliac, and raw. The soups, salads, main courses, breads, and desserts are made in-house. Offers freshly pressed juices & beverages ranging from wheatgrass to organic wine and fairtrade coffee. Breakfast is served til noon. Open Mon-Tue 8:30am-9:00pm, Wed-Sat 8:30am-10:00pm, Sun 12:00pm-9:00pm.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, Western, Juice bar, Catering, Irish

First Review by myboyfriendisdead

Life savers! - Edit

Lucky enough to find this place on a stag, spent nearly the whole weekend there away from the lads lads lads. Delightful service with a relaxed canteen style approach but the food was truly stunning. Plenty of seating in a warm cafe-like environment, I'm just sad I couldn't take it back with me to the UK!

Pros: Perfect vibe , Brilliant grub

delicious range of main courses and salads - Edit

You can choose from a range of excellent main courses or even select to combine from two of them. Most appeared to be vegan or otherwise vegetarian. You take your food to the till and pay up front. Nice relaxed atmosphere. Food was really delicious.

Pros: Excellent range of mains and salads, Relaxed and unfussy atmosphere, Truly delicious

fabulous - Edit

AMAZING food and a huge vegan selection. Loved this place when I was in Dublin. It is a MUST, even non veggies will love it.

Super! - Edit

Très bon et surtout très copieux. Bon rapport qualité prix.

Nothing but love for Conucopia! - Edit

We feel lucky to have had Cornucopia as an option for vegan food in Dublin because it was delicious and we needed nourishing foods after so much plane travel and 2 days of walking around Dublin. It also seems that they are one of the only vegan places in the area that serves food later (until 10 pm) and was definitely one of the only places open on Good Friday. Thank you Cornucopia for not only being open on Good Friday when no one else is but for running an amazing special that night. You kept us well-fed while in Dublin and we're sad to think we might not be back for a long time. Side note: reasonable prices for the amount of food that you get. In the US and many other places like Europe you'd pay by the pound or kilo for that type of plate of food and it would be double the cost.

Pros: location , vegan food!, hours of operation

loved it!!! - Edit

It may have been our lucky day but 99% of the menu was vegan. And sooo delicious!! We had potato, cauliflower pie w. garlic potato and rice noodle salad coriander, lentil soup with red cabbage sesame salad and quinoa salad. Everything tasted perfect. We paid c. 25€.

Pros: many vegan options, central, tasty, healthy

Cons: crowded @ lunchtime - obviously very popular among

Seriously Good Food!!! - Edit

I wasn't sure how much luck I would have with finding vegetarian options in Dublin, but I was pleasantly surprised by Cornucopia!! I got the Mushroom and Lentil Lasagna with the Coleslaw and Cucumber/Daikon Salad and everything was amazing!!! The portions are huge and I couldn't finish everything. 10/10. I wish I lived here so that I could come everyday!!

Vegan comfort food - Edit

Absolutely loved this place, so many great vegan options it was hard to choose, I wanted to taste everything! Ended up having some canneloni and it was so good. Also had some carrot cake which was everything I wanted it to be. Definitely go here when in Dublin!

Sustain this wonderful place! - Edit

There are very few vegan options in Dublin so it's very important that everyone protects this precious and wonderful place. Entrees are available with 2 salads or soup for 13.95 euros. I had the very delicious vegan "parcel" with beet root and tofu topped with a peanut marmalade along with chickpea and Brussel Sprout salad and the barley and Swiss chard citrus salad. A man threw a knife at me when I was sitting in the dining area so please be aware of mean people. Staff was very kind so there is hope!

Many vegan options - Edit

This is the kind of place where you order at the counter and seat yourself with a tray. Even though it's not a vegan restaurant, most things seemed to be vegan and they were clearly marked as such on the menu. Even some desserts were vegan. I had the noodle stir fry as a main and two salads on the side. I didn't care too much for the stir fry (too much lime flavor for my taste buds), but the salads were surprisingly good.

Pros: Many vegan options, Many tables

Excellent - Edit

Feel like we could have eaten here everyday! Lots of choice of mains, with plenty of salads to go with them

Pros: Friendly staff , Lots of choice

Staple Dublin Restaurant - Edit

This place has been going strong for 30 years, expanded multiple times. It has different and varied delicious food every day, laid out in buffet style for you to choose. Always quite busy and you can see why. Has live music some evenings and you will not leave disappointed.

great vegan food! - Edit

I know its a vegetarian restaurant but i went there for the vegan food and it was so good with so much flavour .. Yummy in my tummy!

Nice place! - Edit

Just a great vegetarian restaurant. I've been going here for years. My most recent visit involved a brazil nut and mushroom baked pasta that was so good, it made me want to blackmail someone for the recipe. Brilliant food. Even their fruit salad is delicious, which is amazing considering normally I don't like fruit, salad, or fruit salad :). Clean and pretty surroundings. Great range of dishes. Great location. If I have a complaint, it's that I think the layout could be rethought - space is so tight, I've seen people in the queue accidentally knock dishes off the tables just by turning around. Also it's comparatively expensive, and the staff can be cranky sometimes, but then the place is so popular, they're very busy. I recommend this restaurant.

Pros: Delicious food, Great location, Range of dishes to suit different ways of eating

Cons: Crammed and not mellow, Staff can be cranky at times, Inaccessible for folks in wheelchairs

must when in Dublin - Edit

Went on my second day in Dublin, and boy I wish I could have found it earlier. Vegetarian self service restaurant with lots of vegan options. Every main (13.50€) comes with two salads of your own choice. Lots of interesting flavours and huge portions. Both my omni parents and flexitarian boyfriend loved it. Lots of tables (several floors) all packed with people enjoying their food.

Lovely William Morris wallpapers and Faith by Nature toiletries.

The bill came up to 46€ for three mains(+ salad sides) and a big soup with a good piece of spelt bread.

Pros: nice vibe. , lots of vegan options, huge plates

Cons: tables too close together

definitely a must eat at when in Dublin! - Edit

I was overwhelmed by the vegan choices, almost all lunch options (4 out of 5) were vegan, as well as all the salads and cakes! It was so hard to make a decision which one to choose ;-) We ended up with a yummy moussaka, two great salads and carrot cake for dessert. I can only highly recommend trying all those vegan yumminess!

Pros: lovely place, centrally located, so many vegan options, great quality of food

Great place! - Edit

They have suprising menu options. Most of the dishes I had never heard of or would have never thought to make them myself! Just shows how many options there still are, even when eating vegetarian/vegan, raw, glutenfree etc. :)

Pros: Lots of vegan options, Large options, Cozy atmosphere

Cons: Quite crowded

Everything you could want! - Edit

Wide variety of tasty dishes served by friendly and helpful staff. The live music added to the experience. Can't wait to go back.

Return to Dublin Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Cornucopia Wholefoods closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.