First Review by will-travel-for-food

Cool and Sufficient Little Market - Edit

This market is located inside a "mall" called Thornes Marketplace. The first time I attempted to visit this place (I'm not from around those parts) my GPS took us to some other part of town. If you are utilizing the modern technology of today just GPS "Thornes Marketplace". Now that that is out of the way. what a terrific little store! Super helpful and knowledgeable staff. Nice produce selection. Great bulk section. Plenty of frozen vegan items, a grab-n-go refrigerated section which includes at least 50% vegan items (maybe more). Breads, chips, canned, boxed vegan items. Also a substantial toiletries aisle. Cool place to visit and use to stock up while traveling.

Pros: Good produce selection, Good bulk section, Great grab-n-go/frozen selection

Cons: Small, Initially hard to find

A hidden gem! - Edit

This place is like the wardrobe to Narnia. From the outside it seems hidden and tiny. Once inside, they have an incredible selection. We always find snacks here when we are in town. My daughters love their bulk section and vegan cookie options.

Their staff is incredible. So friendly and upbeat.

Pros: amazing selection, convenient location, friendly staff

Awesome, but for a Price - Edit

Even though this store seems small on the outside, it's stocked full of amazing things, from vegan icecream to fresh organic produce to cruelty free body lotion. I love going here to treat myself to awesome snacks, but only every once and awhile, since it's pretty expensive.

Pros: Well stocked, Great variety, Vegan everything

Cons: Expensive

Contributions +32

Very well stocked - Edit

The place was very well stocked by knowledgeable people. Staff was friendly and accommodating. My only quibble with them was the cost. Great for a one off hard to find item but not so great for regular shopping. WAY too expensive.

Pros: Friendly, Knowledgable Staff, Well Stocked

Cons: Too expensive

Great to go food - Edit

I LOVE THIS STORE! IT IS SMALL BUT HAS JUST ABOUT EVERYTHING YOU NEED. IT CAN BE A LITTLE MORE EXPENSIVE ON SOME THINGS LIKE THE SUPPLEMENTS BUT I FIND THAT TO BE THE CASE WITH A LOT OF SMALL independent STORES, THEY JUST CAN'T GET THE VOLUME DEALS LIKE THE LARGER CHAINS (WF). ALL ORGANIC PRODUCE IS ALSO A PLUS. MY FAVORITE PART OF THE STORE IS THE IN HOUSE LOCALE TO GO FOOD. ALL VERY FRESH MOSTLY ORGANIC, VEGAN AND BEST OF ALL TASTES GREAT! I LIVE IN WORK DOWNTOWN AND AM VEGAN AND EAT THIS FOOD ALMOST EVERY DAY. CAN'T GET ENOUGH!(LOVE ALL THE WRAPS, JERK SEITAN, PEANUT TOFU,ROASTED ROOTS AND ORANGE GLAZED TEMPEH BEST)

Pros: delicious deli food

Relatively expensive, staff with attitude - Edit

Cornucopia is convenient in Thornes, and has many staple and specialty items as well as extensive supplement and personal care sections. It also has the fantastic chocolate annex with many hand-made vegan and raw chocolates available.

However, the prices are almost always well above other local stores, and I have had numerous interactions with staff that have left me extremely irritated. Most staff are nice, but those that are not have created an atmosphere of distaste for me.

The produce section, although small, it noteable for the high percentage of local products, and all produce is organic. The bulk section is definitely sufficient for a small store.

Pros: Good vegan chocolate, Good supplements and HABA, Convenient

Cons: Usually more expensive than others, Some staff not friendly or helpful

Nice little store, limited to go food choices - Edit

Located in Thorne's Market in downtown NoHo. Surprisingly good selection of natural foods, including produce and bulk foods, for such a small place. One of the best selections of nutritional supplements in the area. Staff is quite knowledgeable about supplements.

Disappointingly limited selection of to go, prepackaged foods. Some individual baked goods available at the check out register, including vegan baked goods.

Great little niche market - Edit

I used to live in Amherst and I really loved dropping by this place when I'd explore Noho. I still drop in when I visit. They always have interesting vegan finds from small companies that you wouldn't find at Whole Foods. They're not too expensive as most small health food places can be. I'm always for supporting local business when I can.

Pros: Fun vegan finds, vegan meals to-go

Good store for pantry staples/personal care items - Edit

While you might not find everything on your shopping list here, Cornucopia can fill your needs for pantry staples, bath/body care items, and lots of other vegan specialty items. They have a nice selection of food and personal products, and their prices are reasonable.

Pros: mom and pop shop, nice selection

Return to Northampton Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Cornucopia Foods closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1128 times since Aug 2007.