Cornbread Cafe

541-505-9175

1290 W 7th Ave (at Polk), Eugene, Oregon, USA, 97402

Vegan southern comfort food, non GMO, uses 95% organic, locally sourced. Open Mon-Sat 9:00am-9:00pm, Sun 9:00am-3:00pm.

Category: Vegan, Organic, Fast food, Take-out, Southern American

First Review by buzzwolf

a vegan Oaasis - Edit

Wonderful food, very pleasant service. Wish we had this in PDX.

So good!!! - Edit

Came here for dinner while my band was on tour in town. Everything was awesome, nice staff, fun games to play while you wait for food. No complaints.

Pros: Yum

My Favorite Place In The World... Thus Far. - Edit

After eating here, I do not think a vegan life is complete until they've eaten here! I got the sampler platter and everything was just amazing. The mac and "cheese" was probably the best I've ever tried and honestly so was everything else. We also got the frozen PB pie and it was to die for. I would eat here every day for the rest of my life.

Pros: vegan, friendly staff, dessert

Wow - Edit

My first visit but not my last. Took a long time to decide because everything sounded so good. Decided on the shredded seitan barbecue sandwich. I was happy with my choice. It was huge, so I took half of it home for later. I definitely recommend the Cornbread Cafe.

Pros: Very friendly staff, Great food, Huge portions

Cons: A little noisy, Somewhat crowded, They could use a larger space

love this place - Edit

The food here is amazing !!

You're crazy if you don't eat here - Edit

You are crazy if you don't eat here. These meat-free maniacs have not only prepared for you all your childhood favorites, they've made them better than ever! We had the Reuben, the Southern Plate and an effing Whoopie Pie, and every bite was stupendous. Our tummies feel so good, and our minds are blown. We kept looking over our shoulders and giggling because it felt so naughty. It is suggested in other reviews here, that it's not exactly health food. But it is good for you: for your soul, for your sense of childhood wonder, and for your day here, in Eugene.

Pros: Perfect service, Comforting atmosphere, Astounding

Cons: It is 2000 miles from our house

everyone loves this vegan diner! - Edit

We were visiting a friend for the weekend and ate here once for breakfast and once for diner. Both meals were fantastic. This isn't fancy or particularly healthy food, but boy is it good! The atmosphere is typical diner and you'll feel right at home.

Pros: huge portions, lots of variety, Sammy & Ammy breakfast sandwich

I want to be buried with the gravy. - Edit

I've traveled all over the country and have eaten at countless vegan places but this place, is by far my favorite. I've tried lots of options off their menu and have loved everything. The Eugenewich is amaze balls and like the title says, when I die, I'd like to buried with the gravy

Pros: Great options, Love the staff, Gluten free options

Excellent Tasty Vegan Food - Edit

Sandwiches, daily specials,totally amazing vegan desserts. Also has a number of fried dishes, considered to have a Southern twist.

Pros: Delicious, Friendly

Vegan Comfort Food At Its Best - Edit

Incredibly delicious food - my mouth waters just thinking about their Fried Chicken! I tried that, the Mac N Cheese, Spinach, Cornbread (duh!), and their Cinnamon Roll Cake, and everything new bite was tastier than the last! Highly recommend if you want yummy junk food in a fun environment.

Pros: Yummy Vegan Comfort Food, Quirky, Fun Environment

Mixed Expereince - Edit

Over all the food here is tasty and fun. But it is NOT very healthy. They use a lot of coconut oil, salt, and sugar. So this place is to be avoided if you are eaten a SOS free (salt, oil, sugar free)plant based diet. The service can be VERY slow sometimes. I will only consider going there if I'm not on planned schedule and have lots of time.

Pros: Fun Food

Cons: Sometimes slow service, Food not health promoting

Some of the best food! - Edit

I have been to Cornbread 4 or 5 times now, and I can't say impressed I have been here. I've been working my way through the menu, and everything has been good but standouts: The Chicken Fried Tempeh (made from local Tempeh) is about as good as it gets. Very hearty, rich, savory, meaty. The gravy really gives it everything.
The mac uncheese with the chacaroni sauce, the grilled cheeses with additions as you like.
And don't miss the deep-fried cheesecake, this is a decadent treat, that's among my favorites from around the country.

Happy eats!

Pros: Lots of delicious savory hearty fare, Friendly staff, mostly organic/local, Fun diner atmosphere

Cons: Small amount of seating

Health food this is not, but who cares!` - Edit

If you are looking for some seriously battered fried food, this is your place. The fried tofu is so crispy and delicious. I had the phish and chips and a plate of fried tofu (yum!), mac and cheese (okay) and cajun fries (nice and spicy!). The cornbread is pretty much cake, and is amazing. We also ordered the Eugener Burger, full of fried deliciousness. My stepdad had the chicken and waffles, and I thought the gravy was super salty, although he enjoyed it. My only wish is that there was more dipping sauce served with our food. Our server was sooooooo nice, and we must have bugged him several dozen times. Can't wait to eat here again once my arteries have unclogged.

Pros: Crispy Fried Goodness, Nice waitstaff

Cons: Skimpy on the dipping sauce

cozy comfort creations - Edit

This is probably one of my favorite vegan breakfast spots I've ever been too! We shared the chicken and waffles and then a pick your own plate with the BBQ seitan, mashed taters and gravy, Mac, and the cornbread. The gravy on the waffles and taters was delicious, especially mixed with the maple agave syrup mixed in for a combination sweet/savory complex. I had the Shirley Temple with ginger beer and the hubs got a porter. I had to save room for desert when I saw they had soft serve, and interestingly enough it's a cashew base which is awesome considering I'm allergic to an ingredient in the vegan Chicago foods soft serve they offer at many places. Hooray! It was so light and great!
We bought a painting off the wall too, of a family pack of owls that makes my hearts smile. I really look forward to coming back again someday because it truly was such a great experience. I love the clean diner vibe with all of the cheery blues and oranges everywhere, not to mention big bright windows. It looks like there was some outdoor seating which I bet would be really nice on a summers evening with flowers in bloom.
What a hidden oasis on our road trip to mine for sunstone treasure.
love love love support them.

LOVE THIS PLACE - Edit

Listen: believe the hype. There are many reasons why everyone raves about this place. I go at least twice or three times every time I'm in Eugene.

My go-to is the Eugene-wich.

It's f'ing delicious: everything. The people are super friendly. It's all vegan. They have local draft beer and cider. What's not to love? The price point is slightly high, but totally worth it for the delicious, vegan, often local and organic food.

The only thing I can say negatively is that their Sunday hours are stupid: 9am-3pm, and only brunch and the Eugene-wich.

Pros: delicious, friendly, comfort food!

Cons: stupid Sunday hours & menu

It is awesome!! - Edit

Every time I go there I order something different, and each dish is amazing! its fun and... you really have to find out for yourself, but it is really delicious.
Updated from previous review on Monday February 01, 2016

Pros: Vegan, A lot of variety, Fun

Vegan Yummy!!!! - Edit

Omg vegan comfort food heaven! So good! Great atmosphere and friendly staff. Really hip diner like feel to it and super awesome taste! Can't wait to come back!
Updated from previous review on Thursday October 15, 2015

Pros: delicious, large menu , all vegan!

Must Stop In Eugene - Edit

This is a MUST! If they are serving breakfast- get anything it is good, serving lunch/dinner, again, anything is good! My absolute favorite is the build your own meal, their mac n cheeze and mashed potatoes are sooooo devine, I usually get two sides for later LOL

Pros: Great People, Great Retro Atmospehere, Yummy Food

Cons: Parking Lot Can Get Full, Busy Depending on When You Go

Return to Eugene Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Cornbread Cafe closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.