First Review by shelley kinnear

Ok coffee, good cake - Edit

I've been here a few times. It's not my favorite place in town, but I do appreciate the vegan options. I ordered the orange flavored vegan. It was fantastic! This is a good spot to go for coffee and sweets, not really so much for breakfast or substantial food.

Pros: Great vegan cake, rotating vegan options

Cons: coffee is alright, no healthy vegan food

Ooo la la - Edit

Stopped in this wonderful bakery and was delightfully surprised at the amount of available vegan choices. I decided to go with the energy bar and pumpkin loaf. Both came out to just over five dollars. Every bite was delicious and I could not be happier with everything. Staff is amazing and helpful. Had a decent chat. Would recommend Corina's to anyone in search of some delicious vegan baked goods.

Pros: Amazing food, Great service, Great atmosphere

Usually great options - Edit

I will often stop in here before work as the coffee is usually very good here and it is nice to get a treat after working out and going in for a long day at work.

The vegan options can range from minimal (pumpkin loaf, quinoa cookies, energy bar only) to plentiful with many cake and treat options that are always huge and really great.
The staff is only friendly. They may let you know if something vegan is about to come out of the kitchen. They also have a day-old table and you can sometimes find a really good vegan option on the table for half-price which just means I end up eating more.

They take the vegan food and gluten free options very seriously here. You won't get half-sized or dry cakes like some other places. Definitely worth checking out with nice outdoor seating and a great view of the South Sound.

Pros: great big moist cakes, Great coffee, Good service

Cons: sometimes lesser vegan options - unpredi

excellent bakery - Edit

Their the only super yummy soy free, vegan, gluten free birthday cake maker around. I wish they had Gluten free vegan cake everyday but at least it helps with my weight not having that option.

Cons: gluten free vegan cake not available eve

Friendly Nieghborhood Treat-ery - Edit

US Air Guitar meets Tacoma. As USAG passes through Tacoma, I made sure they experienced Corina Bakery! Layered cookies, vegan items too, bread, hand sculpted espresso drinks, , plenty of tables to take a quick brake from your hectic day. We stopped for a bowl of soup (to go bowl) at Infinity Soup around the corner, we needed a sweet treat to complete our meal. Cornina Bakery let us finish our soup in their shop before we devoured their treats and mocha.
Friendly, helpful, comfortable, and delicious! Worth the stop!

Pros: Delicious, Vegan available, Friendly

Cons: street parking

Delectably savory fare! - Edit

Splendid vegan baked goods, but order ahead to ensure they have something for you. Their vegan goods sell out early and may be gone by 9 or 10 in the morning. I've begun ordering their chocolate and carrot cakes to take the office. Their savories are a little more expensive but it's worth it to indulge in such delectable fare with a clear conscience. 5 stars to Corina!

Nice atmosphere but lacking on the vegan goods - Edit

I liked the atmosphere of Corina's Bakery, but was disappointed on the vegan items. I did go later in the day, so I'm sure that had something to do with the lack of vegan goods. They had one cupcake and a few granola type bars. I'm not thrilled with the fact that they seem to think honey is acceptable for vegans (based on their vegan list on their website), but it's something I can overlook as long as they know that not everyone considers honey suitable for vegans and doesn't use honey in their "vegan" items. I would go back if I could guarantee that there'd be a better vegan selection. But based on my one experience I won't be going back unless a friend wants to go there specifically.

Pros: Great atmosphere, Vegan-friendly

Cons: May not have vegan items at the time, The honey issue

vegan - Edit

Is not a vegan bakery but the make very good vegan cakes. The cookies and other snacks are also quite good. Is slightly expensive but it is worth it for special occasions. The lavender honey cake (can be made w/o honey) was amazing!

Pros: vegan, taste, cake was a generous size

Cons: price

Return to Tacoma Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Corina Bakery closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1236 times since Jun 2010.