Coral Beach Restaurant

Arasat Al Hindia St, No 929 (at Main Road), Baghdad, Iraq

Please send an update to HappyCow confirming whether this is a vegetarian restaurant or not. A cozy restaurant with an open air area, a balcony, a green area, and a waterfall. Special parties held on occasions. Can be arranged and reserved for a special gathering. Staff speaks very good English. The design is Italian, Spanish or European style with unique decor. Most Embassy members are customers. Has a buffet on the weekdays.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, Chinese, International, Thai, Buffet, Fast food, Salad bar, Juice bar, Beer/Wine, Take-out

First Review by solarvegan

Hungry for Peace - Edit

This review is highly unusual. You see, we've never been to Coral Beach Restaurant in Baghdad and doubt we ever will. But what we found in this restaurant's blog moved us greatly. Here in America, we may freely visit and review so many wonderful vegetarian/vegan restaurants. But over in embattled Iraq there appears to be a very fine eatery located in an area too dangerous to visit. We have copied and pasted an excerpt from this restaurant's blog. (Excuse the grammar; English is not the writer's native language.) "Home Delivery Nowadays its safer and easier! not to come to us ! because we can came to you ! Now .....you just need to pick up your receiver and start dialing... just call, try us since you know is not safe boarding out ! if you haven't tried us before ! see how we can change your night at home from boring evening in to a delightful pleasant one ! thanks to the variety of food that meet your desire! Our Express Delivery Team will be waiting for your call any time ! don't rush we are there any day!" This warning made me very hungry -- for peace. I no longer will take for granted the joy and excitement I feel as I safely and freely explore the multitude of vegetarian restaurants in our country. We fervently hope that someday Coral Beach Restaurant, waterfall and all, will be visited and reviewed extensively in Happy Cow in a peaceful, vegan world!

Return to Baghdad Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Coral Beach Restaurant closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.