First Review by TiagoVarela

Happy food, good music, friendly people - Edit

This place was exactly what I expected to find, although the finding part was a bit hard because the street is cut in two and they were on the other part than where I was looking.
I had the samosas and the sushi with some ginger beer which was not on the menu but it was offered when I asked for non alcoholic drinks. The samosas were good but quite fat from the fryer. The tempeh sushi was delicious!
Good price for Funchal and very friendly staff.
They had some reggae on the speakers which got me in a relaxed mood to enjoy my food and the company I found here.

Pros: Many choices, Friendly staff, Good vibes

Cons: Quiet place, we should promote them more ;)

Not bad - Edit

This place is hidden discreetly away off the beaten track and take a bit of finding as it’s quite anonymous until your right on top of it. Layout is rough and ready and nothing special. Decor is very rudimentary and basic. This is a cafe rather than an auspicious eatery. Indeed it even has a small garden in the middle of the floor space which is quite quaint but impractical. Food is ok - quite a decent choice with. Japanese theme. Servings are large so do not overestimate your appetite. However the meals are quite heavy and stodgy as they use lashings of fried ingredients such as Seitan. I definitely recommend the fries (or chips as we Brits call them!) - really yummy! Their organic beer is very nice, a tad East’s but very palatable.
All in all this is ok as a make-do vegan eatery in a town that lacks such venues.

Pros: Quantity of servings, Service is polite and courteous , Fries (or chips) - yummy

Cons: Off the beaten track, Rudimentary decor and furniture , Food is a bit stodgy

Very expensive - Edit

Good food but not worth the price. Very expensive drinks should be half the price.

lunch - Edit

This restaurant had a very nice environment, with some zen and Indian mantras songs being played in the background. The staff was very friendly. The food was good but I wished it had more diverse fresh vegetable options. Overall a nice experience. Being the only vegan restaurant in Madeira I think we all should come here and help them grow.

Pros: nice environment, extremely nice staff

Cons: I wish the menu had more fresh and diverse vegetab, I found it a bit expensive for the food served

Return to Funchal Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Coraçao Vegano closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.