Cor de Tangerina

Contact 966876165

Largo, Martins Sarmento, 89, Guimaraes, Portugal, 4800-432

This cooperative veggie restaurant and fair trade shop has a nice atmosphere and serves dishes made daily in its kitchen. Uses fair trade and organic ingredients. Situated opposite the Castle at Guimaraes, the birthplace of modern Portugal. Pets welcome.

Category: Lacto, Ovo, Organic, Western, Beer/Wine, Take-out, Catering, Portuguese

First Review by shiroitatsu

Amazing Place! - Edit

This is definitely one of my favourite restaurants ever!
It's not vegan (they could work on a vegan menu and I think it would be even better) but they have some amazing dishes.
The place is beautiful!
I ate their food in 4 different ways: menu, valentine's date (special dinner), Feira Afonsina (typical party in the city where they adapt the menu for typical portuguese food) and in São João at Oporto (where they bring their food to Porto's city.
I really recommend this restaurant! It's tasty and full of texture! I love it!

Pros: Amazing Food

Spectacular! - Edit

The food was absolutely amazing. The soup may have been the best I've ever had. The garden is really beautiful, a great place to enjoy a sunny day. The service was friendly. And we went for lunch and had the menu do dia which at 8.7 euros was incredible value. The bread was so great we bought some to take back with us.

Pros: Food!, Atmosphere especially the garden!, Great value for lunch

Friendly atmosphere, delicious food - Edit

Cor de Tangerina is one of my favorite places in Portugal where you can have a vegetarian or vegan meal. Me and my wife went there for the first time in 2008 while visiting Guimarães... And after 6 years we returned to Guimarães on purpose just to have dinner again at this inspiring and quiet place!

The menu does not offer many different dishes. However, the dishes on offer were actually selected from a wider range of options taking in account the demand of the customers, meaning that the available dishes are the best ones that they served.

Another great plus is the wide selection of beers available, mostly imported but also including a few Portuguese artisan beers which I highly recommend.

For dessert we had an out-of-this-world-delicious vegan carob mousse with pineapple syrup, coconut, and mixed nuts. We devoured it and cried for more! :)

The staff was quite friendly and available to answer our questions and even explain some tricks of the recipes for the food we were eating.

It was a fantastic experience!
Updated from previous review on Sunday June 22, 2014

Updated from previous review on Sunday June 22, 2014

Pros: Delicious food, Inspiring atmosphere, Wide beer selection

Cons: Not many vegan options

Lovely place and delicious food - Edit

Me and my husband never forgot this restaurant we've visited some years ago although we where not vegetarian or vegans at that time, the food and ambient were so great we had to return as vegans! :D

The menu is minimalist but he offer is well chosen. We had the most delicious dishes and overwhelming desserts!

The staff was very friendly and helpful and the quiet garden gives this place an unique feeling of being at home!

Pros: Delicious food, Quiet and fresh garden, Friendly staff

Good food - Edit

This restaurant offers good food. You have to know the place because it is situated on the first floor of a apparently normal house.
The restaurant is spread out on the whole floor of the building with different rooms which gave a strange but not negative feeling. The atmosphere is nice but could be quiet if the other tables in the room aren't used. It was a bit like dining in someones house instead of a busy restaurant. The waiter was quite reserved and didnt talked much but was not unwelcome.
The food was really good! It was very tasty and we immediately wanted to try if we could make it at home. The presentation on the plate was good but there could be more and different food on the plate. The price was moderate.

Pros: Good tasty food

Nice concept - Edit

I love this place! Whenever I'm around I try to go there cos food is delicious! The menu is a bit overpriced but I must admit it is really good! They have amazing veggie traditional Portuguese recipes although if you are vegan you must pay attention cos most are vegetarian (although they will adapt it). Amazing location (in front of the castle) with a cosy terrace and the daily menu is not expensive and delicious! And the decoration is lovely!!
Local food, artisanal beer, traditional dishes... Love it!!!

Pros: Amazing location, nice terrace , Delicious food, traditional Portuguese dishes, Great concept promoting local food & business

Cons: Menu overpriced, Not so many vegan options, No wifi

Adorable place - Edit

I love this kind of place, a house, with lots of rooms, outside place with trees, and light, and many things to watch.
Not a big menu, not so cheap, not many vegan choices, but the place is really cool :)

Pros: The amazing place, Nice people, Good energy

Cons: Price, Not to many options

great deco and space - Edit

i loved this place for its decoration and the garden outside which makes it totally an unique experience. the food was OK and its not expensive but could be more affordable... overall its a good option (there arent many around as im aware)

Pros: garden, location, deco

Cons: price....

Tasty food but limited vegan choice - Edit

This restaurant is situated in a gorgeous building in the heart of the city right by the Castle/Palace. The staff are friendly and helpful and the portions are a good size. Sadly it is not brilliant for vegans as the choices are very limited, just a couple of mains and no desserts. They did offer to make me a vegan dessert, which was very nice, but the service was quite slow anyway and we couldn't wait longer for a new dish to be made. For vegetarians the place is great, there is a good menu with lots of dishes based on traditional Portuguese meals. I had a dish of Seitan, potatoes and spinach (described as 'greens') which was very tasty. There is a good choice of wines and soft drinks. My companions had vegetarians meals of mushrooms and sweet potato and a Filo Pastry dish with aduki beans and soya sausages, they both enjoyed their meals a great deals. Over all still worth a visit for vegans (there isn't anywhere else to eat vegan in town) but don't expect a huge choice.

Pros: Tasty Food, Freindly Staff, Beautiful situation

Cons: Lack of vegan choice, Service a little slow

Vegetarian, not vegan. Still nice. - Edit

The name and location are really good. The place is not vegan though, some dishes have cheese in them and some desserts milk as I remember. It's still easy to eat vegan and be satisfied but that 100% vegan charm is lost...A bit pricey, at least for student, too.

Pros: location, the view, ambient

Cons: too gourmet, too pricey, not all vegan!

Delecious food, great place! - Edit

We visited this restaurant in June 2012 and we just loved the food, the drinks and yhe eating outside! A must when visiting Guimaraes.

Pros: Excellent food, Friendly staff, Good Value

Cons: none!

Absolutely lovely restaurant! - Edit

This is propably the best vegetarian restaurant that I have visited in Portugal so far. Restaurant has very beautiful garden where to enjoy the excellent food in sunshine. Service was good and the "executivo" menu was good value at 8,60 € for soup, main dish, wine, bread, dessert and coffee. Will go again when ever in Guimaraes.

Pros: excellent food, good value, lovely garden

Return to Guimaraes Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Cor de Tangerina closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1475 times since Jan 2011.