Copper Branch - Mont-Royal

438-387-1515

1251 Avenue Mont-Royal Est, Montreal, Quebec, Canada, H2J 1Y4

Its 8th branch, opened Mar 2016. Offers plant-based meals with breakfast, burgers, sandwiches, wraps, bowls, and has a vegan poutine and nachos. Open Mon-Wed 7:00am-10:00pm, Thu-Fri 7:00am-11:00pm, Sat 8:00am-11:00pm, Sun 8:00am-10:00pm.

Category: Vegan, American, Western, Take-out

First Review by bikutoria

Bel ajout au Plateau malgré quelques bémols - Edit

Copper Branch est un bel ajout au Plateau. Gardez toutefois en tête que ce n'est pas Aux Vivres ou Crudessence. Même si l'endroit est agréable et que les plats proposés sont de qualité, on reste dans de la restauration rapide! Le service est OK, les employés ont parfois un peu de mal en français et ils ne semblent pas tous être très à l'aise avec les différents items du menu. Comptez environ 15$ pour un lunch (sans la boisson). Évitez toutefois les desserts, ils n'ont pas beaucoup de goût.

Heh - Edit

In a nutshell, this is definitely a nice cosy restaurant, but I would say that I've had better food elsewhere.

I had the poutine. The cheese (daiya) tasted fine, it was in good ratio to the fries, and I appreciate that the fries are oven-baked. However, I didn't like the portobello gravy. For one, the taste wasn't for me (it didn't taste like poutine gravy at all), but I can see other people liking it. There was also too much of it (it was almost soup-level). The price is fair for the generous amount you get.

My husband's burger was cold-ish, but he liked the taste.

The bowls seem like the better deal at Copper Branch. I saw someone eat one, and wished I had ordered that instead.

I would have liked dessert, but the portions were really small for the price (something like 1.5" square for 6.50$ -- *not exact measurements*), so I abstained.

The menu and prices are similar to Aux Vivres, but AV's desserts are bigger and less pricy. However, CB was quieter and less crowded than AV. I guess it depends what you're into (personally, I'll stick with AV). I think CB should have honed in on their menu and prices before opening so many branches; it comes off as a cash-grab.

Pros: Pretty location, Nice juice selection, Big portions for meals

Cons: Dessert too expensive for portion size, Cold food, Menu in French only

Love the food - Edit

Loved the food and service was good. The only thing is that they don't seem to speak french which is strange in that area of the city where french service is important. Oh, and the AC was super cold!

quick affordable and healthy - Edit

Nice fast food type place but everything is healthy and tasty. The food is fast and fresh. The atmosphere is comfortable and clean. I thought the choices of dishes was good - nice variety for everyone.
I had a Gandhi juice - yum! And I had a wonderful dish of the Bombay soup as well. Thoroughly enjoyed it all and may go back tonight for an Aztec bowl :)

Pros: good portion size, fresh healthy ingredients, good for eat in or take out (mostly take out when

Cons: menu almost all in French - but servers helpful

Great new cosy location! - Edit

This Copper Branch place is pretty new, so I had to plan my visit there to have a look at the neighbourhood and the place itself. First of all, the interior design is marvellous - very spacious, lots of light, stylish, cosy, clean, and speaks "Copper Branch" to me. So far it seems to be even better than the Bishop location.

I came during busy lunch time, yet I still had a place to seat. The staff were friendly, even after my French failed me. (Yes, I try my best.)

As for food, I have pretty much tried everything on the menu before. I may be biased, but I like a lot of stuff that this fast casual restaurant has to offer since it is vegan and healthy. (Nothing on the menu is fried, even the poutine.) This time, I got Aztec bowl with quinoa and shiitake teriyaki with a bottle of fresh juice for dine-in. The portion was big (really filling). Aztec bowl is a good dish by itself because it has many interesting ingredients like guac and vegan sour cream, salsa, chips, two types of beans, sweet potato and so on. Shiitake teriyaki was flavourful and is my favourite protein at Copper Branch after smoked tempeh because of its texture. The juice was good too.

Later I spent my afternoon studying for my exams in the cafe. They have wi-fi and cosy atmosphere, so why not. Overall, I was very satisfied with my trip to the new "branch", and I would definitely visit this location more since I find the entire Mont-Royal area pleasant for walking.

Pros: great design, shiitake teriyaki, big portions

Cons: I don't know?

Return to Montreal Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Copper Branch - Mont-Royal closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.