Coopers Cask

+44-1273736945

3 Farm Rd, Hove, England, BN3 1FB

Serves meat, vegan options available. Pub in the Brunswick area of Hove. Offers local ales and freshly cooked food. Changing menu with marked vegan options such as vegetable curry, nut roast and sausage and mash. Bar opens til later. Open Mon-Fri 12:00pm-9:00pm, Sat 12:00pm-8:00pm, Sun 12:00pm-7:30pm.

Categories: Lacto, Ovo, Indian, International, Beer/Wine, British, Non-veg

First Review by quovixi

big portion but simple flavour - Edit

I had the nut roast. The best thing about it was the temperature. Apart from the nuts everything tasted like it was boiled instead of roasted, therefore a relatively bland. At least the gravy and the quash pyree were good.

I'm full to the brim but i'm so glad my date picked up the check, coz i don't think it's worth the money.

Pros: large portions

Cons: boring

Impressive vegan options, lovingly prepared - Edit

For an unassuming little pub down a little side street, I was really impressed to see three menu items specifically marked vegan – and they were really interesting and well thought out options too! I had a gigantic portion of homemade veggie sausages with herbed mash, seasonal greens and gravy. My boyfriend had the spicy masala with butternut squash, carrots and peas, plus rice and papadums. Both were delicious and really good value at £9 each. The third option was a lovely looking nut roast. I believe they change the menu frequently. For a non-veggie pub, I think they make a concerted effort. Definitely worth a visit.

Return to Hove Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Coopers Cask closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.