Cool Al's

Contact 601-713-3020

4654 McWillie Dr, Jackson, Mississippi, USA, 39206

Serves meat, vegan options available. Burger joint. Has vegetarian burgers, tofu, patties, veggie hot dog, and sides like potato fries and onion rings. Simple set up. Open Mon-Sat 10:00am-9:00pm.

Category: Fast food, Take-out, Southern American, Non-veg

First Review by kat1983

Not Fast Food - Edit

Al's is not fast food, if you want that go hit the Burger King for a crappy veggie burger. I have never found the service or the place or the food to be anything other than good. Yes, you do have to call ahead if you are in a hurry or wait about 20 minutes is my average, but it's well worth it. Al's makes their stuff when you order it, it hasn't been sitting under a heat lamp for an hour or three. Their drink cooler is always cold and the staff is quite tolerant of even the most rambunctious children. The fried pickles are to die for! But also I like the variety they offer, there are three kinds of veggie burgers available. I get the Garden because the others are too spicy for me but I have a really low thresh-hold for spice so it may not be that bad really.

Pros: excellent veggie burgers, friendly relaxed atmosphere, wide variety of food on menu

Cons: takes a bit of time, floor is sometimes sticky

Awesome FF's - Edit

The fries are the best, I am hoping they cook them in vegetable oil but I was scared to ask as I wanted fries so bad, and they are the best fries anywhere, and I mean that.
Also, the veggie burger I had (jamacian)was the most substantial and best tasting burger I have had since I gave up animal products. It is true you will wait...and waist.. so it is best to call ahead. I cannot wait until I get a chance to go back. Great great truly special food, mediocre service, I like the atmosphere.

Cool Al's - Edit

Cool Al's great Vegan food. The best vegan burgers you've ever eaten. His burgers are original and unique based on the travels he has taken with his wife Kim and their 2 children. Take my word for it. Al is a great cook! He wears Funky uniforms too! You won't be sorry I promise. Your stomach will thank you will every bite. Try them out and I know you'll be back for more!

Pros: excellent food , healthy cuisine, big portions

worst service - Edit

WORST SERVICE I'VE EVER EXPERIENCED. I've lived in Jackson off and on for 20 years and recently this restaurant has spiraled downward. The people who work their do NOT care about the customers. Yes, they can make a good burger, but is a burger worth 1.5 hour wait and $8 or $9 ? To me, the answer is no. The staff is borderline rude. The atmosphere is not friendly. It is not a place to "hang out" on top of it all. As someone who believes in Jackson, it is sad to see such a promising business FAIL in customer service and will eventually fail completely. Do not support them. They don't care. Make your own burger.

Pros: good food, ok value, casual

Cons: bad service, bad wait, not cool hang out

Return to Jackson Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Cool Al's closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.