First Review by thevegantwins

delicious :) - Edit

They not only have vegan options, but they have a lot of vegan options. Several different flavors everyday, and they also have vegan soft serve ice cream. They also make a bunch of vegan ice cream cakes and ice cream sandwhiches. I love this place!

holy deliciousness - Edit

I've tried some vegan ice creams before and they seem a bit water based but NOT at Cookman Creamery, it tasted like ice-cream(without the dairy) but it didn't have an icy texture to it, it was soft and creamy. They had a great selection of flavors like vanilla and chocolate but they had some like rum raisin(my fav) and Mexican hot chocolate, and a few others. The last time I was there they had 6 vegan flavors and 6 non-vegan flavors. The staff was kind and friendly!

The best! - Edit

Definitely the best vegan soft serve I've ever had. They have over ten topping choices for their sundaes including whipped cream! vegan hard ice cream flavors change fairly regularly so there's always something new to try.

Lula who? - Edit

Hands down the best vegan ice cream I've ever had! It easily competes with and exceeds Lula's (now Blythe's) creations. For years Lula's has been the standard for which all vegan ice cream is measured but now it's Cookman's. Ice cream cakes, ice cream sandwiches, amazing different flavor choices that are CONSTANTLY being updated. It's the BEST!

Gift from heaven - Edit

The girl who runs this place is a hard-working angel. She is so sweet and so accommodating to vegans. I want to kiss her feet when I walk in the door and she tells me what new vegan flavor she's working on that day.

They have soft-serve ranging from vanilla, to strawberry, to banana. Their hard flavors range from typical (vanilla, pistachio, etc,) to extremely creative (lavender lemon shortbread, s'mores, etc.) They have vegan toppings from peanut butter to caramel to whipped cream to sprinkles.

And...last but NOT LEAST...ice cream pies and ice cream cake!!! The ice cream cake is EXACTLY as I remember carvel cakes, with the whipped cream outside and cookie crunch inside. Amazing.

Don't miss this place!!

Pros: Soft serve vegan ice cream, Ice cream pie and cake, Amazing service

Awesome surprise treat!!! - Edit

We stumbled upon this place while vacationing in Belmar. My family along with another vegan family absolutely loved this place! Seriously some of the best vegan ice cream we've ever had. We even had peanut butter and jelly flavor and key lime pie. It was nice having unique flavors to choose from! Definitely worth the trip!!

Quite Nice - Edit

Asbury Park now has 3 options for vegan ice cream. For such a small town you can really get your sweet tooth going.

Cookman Creamery seems to have their act together. The day that I went there about six vegan flavors to choose from. I had a scoop of the PB&J ice cream as well as a scoop of the blueberry lemon cookie ice cream. Both were creamy, smooth and just the right amount of sweetness. Next time I may try the vegan whipped cream and some other toppings.

Do they have milkshakes? I didn't see the option on their menu.

Pros: Good Food, Good Service, great selection

Ice cream!!!! - Edit

Finally, delicious, homemade vegan ice cream in NJ and, even better, at the shore. We stopped here last week and everyone left very happy. The kids haven't had good vegan ice cream since Lula's Apothecary in NYC closed and my husband was so pleased with the vegan coffee, he ordered 2 cones. The co-owner learned her trade partly at Stogo. The ice cream was creamy and tasted like it contained top-quality ingredients.

Updated 8/22/13:

I picked up a vegan ice cream cake here to celebrate my birthday and a friend's birthday. The cake looked beautiful and was a duplicate of my beloved childhood favorite, the Carvel ice cream cake however this cake was so much better than what I remembered Carvel cakes as tasting. Chocolate ice cream on the bottom layer, chocolate cookie crumbs in the middle and vanilla ice cream on top, covered in beautiful frosting. While at the store, I had a cone of maple walnut cookies, probably the most delicious flavor I have tasted. This place is really amazing and very friendly.

Pros: Vegan ice cream!, Selection of flavors, Sundae toppings

Cons: Need to list the vegan toppings, No bathroom

Return to Asbury Park Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Cookman Creamery closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1732 times since Jul 2013.