Cook and Book

• Vegan
Contact 02-3251028

Hapjeong-dong 361-26, Mapo-gu, Seoul, South Korea,

Cooking school with a cafe, in Hongdae/Hapjeong area. Lots of vegan baked goods, soymilk for drinks and espresso. Nov 2015 reported to be fully vegan.

Category: Vegan, Organic, Western, Bakery, Korean

First Review by danielReich

Awesome! - Edit

Such a cute place. My sister ordered the vegi burger and I ordered the lentil stew with pasta. The burger is on a plate of rice with a side of salad among other things. Both were delicious and hearty. The baked goods are all really amazing and the soft serve is a must get. Vegan soft serve is hard to come by and this place delivers 100%. The owner puts a lot of effort into the food and it shows in the presentation and taste. I would come here regularly if it was nearby where I'm staying.

Pros: dog friendly , healthy but delicious , cozy

A must visit Vegan place - Edit

The place is deco with woods material furniture. Very comfortable and at ease.

The food is full of surprises and not to mention, they are very delicious.

The lady boss do not like the busting life in the city, thats why choose this location that is away from city life.

My wife and me enjoy our meal there. Definitely a five star!

Lunch happiness - Edit

Cam here two weeks ago with a friend for lunch. We're both vegans. It'd been on our to-eat list. Lovely, cute little place run by a lady who speaks English quite well. You feel like your in her home, basically. Loads of homey decorations and you can almost see into the kitchen. She runs cooking lessons out of here. We were boring and both ordered the "burger". Quotes around that word because it's a sort of bean patty resting on a bed of brown rice, with a few veggies and a salad beside. And some panchan too. All very nicely presented – presented with love is probably the way to say it. Dee lish uss. A thoughtful, Korean take on the veggie burger. I would definitely come back and eat it again. They have a limited menu – 4-5 main dishes and a bunch of desserts. We had the brownie with ice cream and a banana-chocolate muffin. Both really good. Did I mention it's all vegan?! Prices: burger 10,000w, muffin 6000w, brownie w ice cream 6000w.

Pros: Delicious, Desserts, Fun spot

Cons: Pricey

Best in Seoul - Edit

I've only ordered the vegan hamburger, but I've visited many times. I find it a masterpiece of flavor balance and texture. It's a hearty meal and a perfect example of a chef's skill being evident in the quality of food. No processed crap, only healthful filling food.

The baked goods are also of superior quality. Well done.

Pros: Food is all hand-made, Cook is a maestro, Interior is quite and comfortable

Excellent bread and baked goods - Edit

We had a couple of simple sandwiches, but they were very tasty. The bread was the best we had in Korea. We also had a couple of baked goods with tea which were delicious. We took several pastries to go, and they kept well.

Pros: Delicious bread, Very fresh baked goods, High-quality ingredients

Cons: A little pricier than other places, Few food options

Return to Seoul Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Cook and Book closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 3492 times since Dec 2013.