CLOSED: Conservatory Cafe

• Veg-friendly

Contact 02476-308213

Wolston Lane, Ryton on Dunsmore, Coventry (at A45), Warwick, England, CV8 3LG

Serves meat, vegan options available. The Conservatory Cafe at Ryton Gardens has starters, mains, and desserts for vegans and vegetarians. Uses locally sourced, organic and seasonal produce. JAN 2014 REPORTED SHUT DOWN/CLOSED.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, Organic, Western, English, Non-veg

First Review by otherside27

Pretty small, pretty disappointing - Edit

We stopped off here hoping to grab a bite to eat then see the gardens before being on our way, there isn't much choice but the wall menu has items labelled as vegan so I thought "great, safe!" and they have soy milk for tea. We ordered a flapjack and a hummus and roasted veg sandwich. For some reason the hummus came in a pot and wasn't on the sandwich... and there was non-vegan coleslaw all over my "vegan" sandwich. I told the lady I was vegan, she scraped it off then brought it back, so I had to tell her I was allergic to get her to make it fresh and actually vegan! This took so much time, not only did we miss out on seeing the gardens, we were late for our destination too. It really ruined our day! The sandwich was ok, but not worth the £6 whatsoever. I would not go back, but it might be nice for any non-vegans who are visiting the gardens (in summer, when things are actually growing!). The decor was nice, however it seemed as if it was in the middle of being re-done as there were no pictures up but many screws in the walls! You can't see the gardens from the cafe, which is disappointing as I thought the photo up on here was a view! The teapot was also very dirty and stained - I would never serve anyone in my house with a teapot that bad! To be fair, there were only two women working there, and it seemed popular with older people (non-vegan) but I cannot recommend it to vegans as the sandwich is pretty much the only main, there aren't any "starters" and the "desserts" that are vegan were a cherry flapjack... or nothing. It might be better in summer with more "local veg" but the wall menu didn't look like it changed. Vegans: don't make a special trip or take a packed lunch!!

Pros: Wall menu notes vegan items, In the middle of renovation?, Staff fixed error

Cons: Staff put animal coleslaw on everything, VERY expensive

Return to Warwick Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has CLOSED: Conservatory Cafe closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 432 times since Aug 2007.