Conscious Cravings - Food Truck

• Vegetarian
Contact 512-582-2124

4209 Airport Blvd., Austin, Texas, USA, 78723

Food trailer established since 2010. Offers vegan and vegetarian wraps, cold sandwiches, salads, and smoothies. Try a side of rosemary fries and the blueberry lemonade. Previously located on Burnet Rd, Nov 2015.

Category: Vegan-friendly, American, Fast food, Take-out only

First Review by pjw2000

Delicious! - Edit

Very cute, small storefront in a plaza. There are so many great flavors to choose from.its hard to make a decision! I like that the ice creams use different bases like almond, cashew, and sunbutter. If I lived in Austin I would visit often!

First time vegan - Edit

This was my very first vegan experience (over a year ago!).
I was so nervous because I had no idea what to expect.

What I got was a mouthful of flavor. Everything we ordered was delicious to say the least!

Try the Bella and Rosemary Baked Fries! - Edit

I'm fortunate to live in the culturally, ethnically and tastefully diverse city of Austin, Texas. Being a vegan here is so easy, not only because I have access to some great resources such as a Whole Foods and a weekend Farmer's Market, but also because there are several vegan eateries around town. I've been taking some long lunches lately to visit some new vegan places, and I recently have tried the Conscious Cravings food truck.

I'm addicted to portabella mushrooms and luckily, they have The Bella wrap that was perfectly designed with me in mind (or so it seems)! The wrap includes onions and olives with a vegan herbed mayo dressing and a touch of Daiya cheese. I was in heaven. The wrap is huge and it is paired well with a Mango Healthy Quencher. Since I've discovered them less than two months ago, I've visited them more than just a few times. My husband is a fan of their Spicy Chickpea Wrap and doesn't need much convincing to head on over with me when I have a craving.

Their menu includes eight different wraps starting at only $5 each, three salads and two healthy quenchers to choose from and more. There are three different locations around town and I've already visited two. Check them out if you're in the Austin area and looking to support a great local food truck! I highly recommend them and can't wait to visit again.

Pros: multiple locations, great value, friendly staff

Great Service, Food is ORGASMIC - Edit

So we stumbled across this trailer (literally)on our way to Capital City Bakery, and happened to try the Chimichurri seitan wrap....We haven't been able to order anything else since! My carnivore husband (who is very unreasonably wary of anything vegan) took a bite of mine and *shouted* "F*** that's good!" I almost choked on my wrap at that, but we ended up buying two more. Our next trip we ordered the rosemary fries to go with them, and those are like warm, crispy, crack. We haven't tried anything else on the menu yet because we can't bear to not order those wraps! In addition, the gentleman running the trailer will step out and bring us our food if we're over at the bakery when the order is ready. SO nice! Highly recommended for all!

Life Changing - Edit

I have been introduced to Jack fruit as a meat substitute. While everything I've had there has been very good, the BBQ Jack fruit is amazing. I tend to enjoy a variety, but some places just have that one thing to which I can't say no. It's also a nice neighborhood, dog friendly and inexpensive.

Pros: food, jack fruit, price

Good! - Edit

This is a nice little spot the just opened a couple weeks ago. The folks who run it are nice and the food is super tasty. I tried a couple of the wraps - the seitan was super tender and the veggies were nice and fresh. Pretty much everything is vegan and made from scratch (including the mayo), but some of the wraps have an option between Daiya and dairy cheese. They're also on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/consciouscravings

Pros: Good food, Nice folks, Central location

Cons: Parking is limited for groups, Trailer, so exposed to elements, Make sure fries are cooked well

Return to Austin Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Conscious Cravings - Food Truck closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 4016 times since Aug 2010.