CLOSED: Cafe

Contact 713-658-9191

2612 Scott St (at Third Ward), Houston, Texas, USA, 77004

Serves meat, vegan options available. Health conscious cafe that's all veg except for fish. Owners are accommodating and will personalized to diet restrictions. Try the eggplant hoagie. SHUT DOWN OCT 2014 PER FB.

Category: Vegan-friendly, American, Organic, Take-out, Non-veg

First Review by Karinathevegan

Vegan Sandwich Heaven - Edit

I ate at the Convious Cafe for the first time yesterday with my husband. At first we hesitated to go in its in a not so great location, but as son as we went up the small steps and past the restaurant doors we were surprised a delicious smell of spices took over my nose and lead me right to the ordering counter. The menu doesn't have much variety but it's perfect if your looking for a quick bite and no overload on options. I ordered the eggplant hoagie with a side of lentil soup and let me tell you I was in hoagie soup heaven!!!!! My husband ordered a veggie po-boy and his exact words " places like these make being vegan so much easier." (he recently decided to become vegan so that was awesome to hear.) After are wonderful lunch we talked with the owner a very health concious person with the perfect mentality focused on Houston's art and health renaissance. I know happy cow says they serve meat but they only have one meat option which is salmon (for the pescaterians out there) the rest of there menu is vegetarian/vegan! If your in the area and looking for yummy veggie food head to Concious Cafe!!

Before I forget the owner sent us a slice of vegetarian bean pie and holy cowwwwwwww I was in BEAN PIE HEAVEN!

Pros: Clean, Organic, Affordable

Cons: Serve salmon, Difficult parking

Return to Houston Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has CLOSED: Cafe closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 911 times since Apr 2013.